What is the reason behind this?

Chankey Pathak <http://www.linuxstall.com>

bobtfish at bobtfish

Re: Accepting connections at http://0:3000/ [In reply to]

On 7 Apr 2012, at 13:02, Chankey Pathak wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Hope you all are doing good. I have a question.
>
> My catalyst application suddenly started running on: http://0:3000/ instead of http://localhost:3000/
>
> What is the reason behind this?

What gives you that impression?

Or, more, what do you think the difference between http://0:3000/ and http://localhost:3000/ is?

As http://0:3000/ explicitly means 'port 3000 on any interface on this machine', whereas 'http://localhost:3000/' could be taken to mean 'port 3000 on 127.0.0.1'.

The Catalyst dev server has _always_ bound to any interface (unless you specifically tell it not to), and so there is no actual behaviour change here - saying 'http://localhost:3000/' was somewhat misleading, as the server _didn't_ only bind to localhost...

I would think the difference (to print a more correct statement of what the server is listening on) comes from 5.9 now using HTTP::Server::PSGI, rather than the traditional Catalyst specific test server..

Cheers
t0m