Mailing List Archive: Catalyst: Users
Re: Wiki down

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

raanders42 at gmail

Mar 7, 2012, 7:19 AM

Re: Wiki down [In reply to]

ShinyCMS? www.shinycms.org

From themain page.
ShinyCMS is built in Perl using the Catalyst framework.

\\||/
Rod
--
Dimitar Petrov wrote:
> Toby, as far as I know t0m want to fix that issue once he got little bit
> more time.
>
> I was not pointing at you to fix that issue actually. After I've
> mentioned that yesterday in #catalyst, Marcus Bamberg (marcus) noted
> that he got a few other wikis and he never experienced such a problem
> and I think no one reported memory leaks in mojomojo.
>
> I fully agree with everything that you've said already and I really
> think that Catalyst (and actually not only Catalyst, but Perl as well)
> should be working a little bit harder of the marketing side and the
> first impression.
>
> Would you mind joining #catalyst at irc.perl.org <http://irc.perl.org>
> and discuss that over there? :)
>
> PS: Both designs are great... +1 vote for version 1 :)
>
> Cheers,
> Dimitar
>

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Tobias Kremer <tobias.kremer [at] gmail
> <mailto:tobias.kremer [at] gmail>> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Dimitar Petrov <mitakaa [at] gmail
> <mailto:mitakaa [at] gmail>> wrote:
> > I've asked yesterday at #catalyst and it seems to be unmodified
> mojomojo
> > installation. The reason it's 503ing sometimes is probably memory
> leak. You
> > can ask there to get more information.
>
> Thanks Dimitar, but I'm certainly not going to fix memory leaks in an
> IMHO broken wiki software which compared to other alternatives never
> really worked that well in the first place (and I've done my fair
> share of edits in it). No offense to the creators/maintainers.
> Unfortunately, migrating to a more widely used software (which just
> works) is probably unwanted (because it probably isn't written in
> Perl) and non-trivial.
>
> And before everyone starts shouting "well volunteered" because I'm
> obviously just ranting and not doing anything to change the situation,
> here's one I prepared earlier (couple of years ago TBH) which
> unfortunately never saw the light of day:
> http://www.funkreich.de/catalyst/
>
> Sorry for getting all emotional, but I'm somewhat frustrated that the
> leading Perl MVC framework still has that same old pathetic and often
> broken website. Is this something somebody is already working on?
>
> --Toby

> Searchable archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst [at] lists/

Subject User Time
Wiki down tobias.kremer at gmail Mar 6, 2012, 12:29 AM
    Re: Wiki down devin.austin at gmail Mar 6, 2012, 9:44 AM
    Re: Wiki down tobias.kremer at gmail Mar 6, 2012, 11:07 AM
        Re: Wiki down mitakaa at gmail Mar 6, 2012, 11:51 PM
    Re: Wiki down tobias.kremer at gmail Mar 7, 2012, 2:35 AM
    Re: Wiki down mitakaa at gmail Mar 7, 2012, 3:07 AM
    Re: Wiki down raanders42 at gmail Mar 7, 2012, 7:19 AM
        Re: Wiki down pshangov at yahoo Mar 7, 2012, 7:39 AM
        Re: Wiki down alejandro.imass at gmail Mar 8, 2012, 6:37 PM
    Re: Wiki down pierrick.dintrat at gmail Mar 7, 2012, 9:05 AM
    Re: Wiki down pierrick.dintrat at gmail Mar 7, 2012, 9:20 AM
    Re: Wiki down devin.austin at gmail Mar 7, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Re: Wiki down devin.austin at gmail Mar 7, 2012, 10:14 PM
    Re: Wiki down tobias.kremer at gmail Mar 8, 2012, 12:50 AM
    Re: Wiki down mitakaa at gmail Mar 8, 2012, 1:25 AM
    Re: Wiki down tobias.kremer at gmail Mar 8, 2012, 10:14 PM