Mailing List Archive: Catalyst: Dev

contributing to catalyst

Catalyst dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

melezhik at gmail

Nov 8, 2011, 2:20 AM

contributing to catalyst

Hi! I have created a chef cookbook to deploy fast cgi catalyst
applications under apache.
What is the best way to share this info with catalyst community?

--
Alexey Melezhik

bobtfish at bobtfish

Nov 8, 2011, 2:20 AM

Re: contributing to catalyst [In reply to]

On 8 Nov 2011, at 10:49, Alexey Melezhik wrote:

> Hi! I have created a chef cookbook to deploy fast cgi catalyst
> applications under apache.
> What is the best way to share this info with catalyst community?

Aww, that's cool! I feel bad now, as I have the same sort of thing for
puppet, but haven't shared.

Is the code on github by chance? Adding a line about it to the FAQ in
the manual (and noting it on the wiki) describing what it's for, and
the url to clone it from?

Also - Advent calendar is coming up - fancy doing a quick article
about how you use it to deploy stuff (I'm not asking you to write a
chef tutorial - there are more than enough of those online - more a
few example uses of your cookbook and why you wrote it)

Other suggestions?

Cheers
t0m

melezhik at gmail

Nov 8, 2011, 4:20 AM

Re: contributing to catalyst [In reply to]

Tomas Doran <bobtfish [at] bobtfish> писал(а) в своём письме Tue, 08 Nov
2011 13:20:55 +0300:

> On 8 Nov 2011, at 10:49, Alexey Melezhik wrote:
>
>> Hi! I have created a chef cookbook to deploy fast cgi catalyst
>> applications under apache.
>> What is the best way to share this info with catalyst community?
>>

> Aww, that's cool! I feel bad now, as I have the same sort of thing for
> puppet, but haven't shared.
>
> Is the code on github by chance? Adding a line about it to the FAQ in
> the manual (and noting it on the wiki) describing what it's for, and the
> url to clone it from?

Yes, cookbook available from github -
https://github.com/melezhik/cookbooks/tree/master/catalyst
and also tagged version available from opscode community cookbooks site -
http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/catalyst

Also by FAQ, did you mean http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/faq ? You
suggested me to add brief info about
the cookbook there?

PS the code is still beta, though tests on VirtualBox are passed. Now
supported platforms are gentoo and ubuntu,
though I run tests against gentoo.

> Also - Advent calendar is coming up - fancy doing a quick article about
> how you use it to deploy stuff (I'm not asking you to write a chef
> tutorial - there are more than enough of those online - more a few
> example uses of your cookbook and why you wrote it)

I thought about writing short intro, but just not what is proper place for
it?
I checked out http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar but could not find
`edit' link.

> Other suggestions?
>
> Cheers
> t0m

Alexey Melezhik

bobtfish at bobtfish

Nov 10, 2011, 12:56 AM

Re: contributing to catalyst [In reply to]

On 8 Nov 2011, at 12:20, Alexey Melezhik wrote:

> Tomas Doran <bobtfish [at] bobtfish> писал(а) в своём
> письме Tue, 08 Nov 2011 13:20:55 +0300:
>

>> On 8 Nov 2011, at 10:49, Alexey Melezhik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi! I have created a chef cookbook to deploy fast cgi catalyst
>>> applications under apache.
>>> What is the best way to share this info with catalyst community?
>>>

>> Aww, that's cool! I feel bad now, as I have the same sort of thing
>> for puppet, but haven't shared.
>>
>> Is the code on github by chance? Adding a line about it to the FAQ
>> in the manual (and noting it on the wiki) describing what it's for,
>> and the url to clone it from?
>
> Yes, cookbook available from github - https://github.com/melezhik/cookbooks/tree/master/catalyst
> and also tagged version available from opscode community cookbooks
> site - http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/catalyst

Cool :)

> Also by FAQ, did you mean http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/
> faq ? You suggested me to add brief info about
> the cookbook there?

Yes, but also the CPAN Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook, if you could
provide a doc patch for this that'd also be awesome so there's a link
to (and a brief decription of) your cookbook in the next version of
the docs.

Cheers
t0m

melezhik at gmail

Nov 10, 2011, 11:26 PM

Re: contributing to catalyst [In reply to]

Tomas Doran <bobtfish [at] bobtfish> писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 10 Nov
2011 12:56:44 +0400:

> On 8 Nov 2011, at 12:20, Alexey Melezhik wrote:
>
>> Tomas Doran <bobtfish [at] bobtfish> писал(а) в своём письме Tue, 08 Nov
>> 2011 13:20:55 +0300:

>>> Aww, that's cool! I feel bad now, as I have the same sort of thing for
>>> puppet, but haven't shared.
>>>
>>> Is the code on github by chance? Adding a line about it to the FAQ in
>>> the manual (and noting it on the wiki) describing what it's for, and
>>> the url to clone it from?
>>
>> Yes, cookbook available from github -
>> https://github.com/melezhik/cookbooks/tree/master/catalyst
>> and also tagged version available from opscode community cookbooks site
>> - http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/catalyst
>
> Cool :)
>
>> Also by FAQ, did you mean http://wiki.catalystframework.org/wiki/faq ?
>> You suggested me to add brief info about
>> the cookbook there?
>
> Yes, but also the CPAN Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook, if you could provide
> a doc patch for this that'd also be awesome so there's a link to (and a
> brief decription of) your cookbook in the next version of the docs.
>
> Cheers
> t0m

Ok, I will let you know when I finish with documentation

Alexey Melezhik

melezhik at gmail

Nov 11, 2011, 1:11 AM

Re: contributing to catalyst [In reply to]

Hi Tomas, the wiki is available -
https://github.com/melezhik/cookbooks/wiki/Catalyst-cookbook-intro
So, where to add announce lines? to - Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook ? If so -
I did not dind deployment section in this doc

--
Alexey Melezhik

melezhik at gmail

Jan 20, 2012, 2:00 AM

Re: contributing to catalyst [In reply to]