Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

Re: IFEX launches the all-new IFEX.org - IFEX

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

david at justatheory

Feb 8, 2013, 9:20 AM

On Feb 7, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Phillip Smith <ps [at] phillipadsmith> wrote:

> Pretty sure that this, re-launched today!, site is still running Bricolage CMS:
> http://ifex.org/international/2013/02/01/website_launch/
>
> great example of multi-lingual content.

Nice!

ps at phillipadsmith

Feb 8, 2013, 9:25 AM

Re: IFEX launches the all-new IFEX.org - IFEX [In reply to]

On 2013-02-08, at 11:20 AM, "David E. Wheeler" <david [at] justatheory> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Phillip Smith <ps [at] phillipadsmith> wrote:
>
>> Pretty sure that this, re-launched today!, site is still running Bricolage CMS:
>> http://ifex.org/international/2013/02/01/website_launch/
>>
>> great example of multi-lingual content.
>
> Nice!

I'm sure once Bret has caught-up on his sleep, he'll tell us all about it. ;)

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com

If your email inbox is out of control, check out http://sanebox.com/t/s0q7m

chris.schults at pccsea

Feb 8, 2013, 10:02 AM

RE: IFEX launches the all-new IFEX.org - IFEX [In reply to]

> I'm sure once Bret has caught-up on his sleep, he'll tell us all about it.

If so, I'd be interested in learning about how they approached the responsive design implementation, and if Bricolage was leveraged in any way to achieve this.

Chris

ps at phillipadsmith

Feb 8, 2013, 10:19 AM

Re: IFEX launches the all-new IFEX.org - IFEX [In reply to]

On 2013-02-08, at 12:02 PM, "Schults, Chris" <chris.schults [at] pccsea> wrote:

>> I'm sure once Bret has caught-up on his sleep, he'll tell us all about it.
>
> If so, I'd be interested in learning about how they approached the responsive design implementation, and if Bricolage was leveraged in any way to achieve this.

I'm sure this isn't new information for you, Chris but most "responsive design" techniques are done in CSS using media queries, which is what it looks like IFEX.org is doing too. I can't think of how Bricolage would get involved in that, but -- no doubt -- Bret will correct me if I"m wrong. :)

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com
http://twitter.com/phillipadsmith
http://linkedin.com/in/phillipadsmith

If your email inbox is out of control, check out http://sanebox.com/t/s0q7m

bret at pectopah

Feb 8, 2013, 10:21 AM

RE: IFEX launches the all-new IFEX.org - IFEX [In reply to]

Hi everybody,

I'm afraid I had nothing to do with the design, but I agree it looks
great. Neal Maher of Vancouver deserves credit for that.

The starting point was that IFEX knew they wanted a responsive site, and
engaged Neal to come up with the look, and early in the process he got
in touch with me to ask about what was possible in the CMS and whether
he should watch out for anything the CMS might not be able to do.

So it was lovely to be able to say "nope, nothing to watch out for,
Bricolage will be able to handle whatever you design." It's a familiar
experience for all you Bricoleurs, I'm sure.

Cheers,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer

On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 18:02 +0000, Schults, Chris wrote:
> > I'm sure once Bret has caught-up on his sleep, he'll tell us all about it.
>
> If so, I'd be interested in learning about how they approached the responsive design implementation, and if Bricolage was leveraged in any way to achieve this.
>
> Chris

chris.schults at pccsea

Feb 8, 2013, 11:56 AM

RE: IFEX launches the all-new IFEX.org - IFEX [In reply to]

> I'm sure this isn't new information for you, Chris ... but most "responsive
> design" techniques are done in CSS using media queries, which is what it
> looks like IFEX.org is doing too. I can't think of how Bricolage would get
> involved in that, but -- no doubt -- Bret will correct me if I"m wrong. :)

Right, I guess I was thinking beyond the basics and thinking in terms of responsive images and allowing content editors some control on how elements of a page reflow.

Chris

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded