Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users
Bizarro image error

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

bret at pectopah

Mar 5, 2012, 2:51 PM

Bizarro image error

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to preview a story, and getting an error message that's
baffling.

The story previews cleanly with no media. When I attach an image,
Bricolage gives this:

System error
error: Can't call method "get_parent" on an undefined value
at /home/bret/bricolage/comp/errors/500.mc line 64, <GEN1> line 3051.
context:
60:
61: % if ($prev && $is_burner_error) {
62: % my $element = $fault->element;
63: % my @elements = ($element);
64: % while (my $parent = $elements[0]->get_parent) {
65: % unshift @elements, $parent;
66: % }
67: <p>Location of the error:<br/>
68: <% shift(@elements)->get_name %> -> <% join(' -> ', map
{ $_->get_name . '[' . ($_->get_place + 1) . ']' } @elements) %></p>
code stack: /home/bret/bricolage/comp/errors/500.mc:64
/home/bret/bricolage/comp/autohandler:7

Similar stories with identical element structures work fine. So does
this story with a different image, so probably the image itself is
confusing Image::Info or Imager.

But this image looks fine in any other image app I try. And the error
message Bricolage wants to show me is getting sidetracked on its way to
the UI.

Anybody have an idea here?

Thanks so much,

Bret