Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users
Error when using $burner->preview()

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

chris.schults at pccsea

Nov 14, 2011, 1:56 PM

Error when using $burner->preview()

I'm trying to figure out if it possible to publish a story to an output channel for which the story is not assigned. I want to always output two versions of select story types, where the second is required. Basically, I don't want to go through the process of assigning the output channel to the thousands of existing stories, nor do I want users to have the ability to unassign this particular one.

In the <cleanup> section , I'm using $burner->preview(), which takes an OC ID as a fourth parameter, but getting the following error:

Can't locate object method "apache_req" via package "HTML::Mason::Request" at /usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/App/Util.pm line 667, <GEN1> line 1215.

It appears that the method "apache_req" is indeed not defined. However, it looks like it is in the most recent version of HTML::Mason::Request.

Here are my questions:

1) Assuming I fix this error, is it even possible to publish to an unassigned OC from a story template?
2) Can I simply update my version of HTML::Mason::Request?
3) Should I update my version of Mason, and if so, do I risk any issues as we're still using Bricolage 1.10.3?
4) Why is $burner->preview() not intended to be called from a template as the documentation states?

Thanks, as always,

Chris

Chris Schults
Web Developer