Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

Media template for podcasts?

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

chris.schults at pccsea

Jun 14, 2011, 1:48 PM

Media template for podcasts?

We have an audio media element for podcasts that also includes meta
information about the podcast, such as title, description, author and
duration. Until now, we've only featured podcasts on completely
templated index pages and RSS feeds. However, now we'd like to have
separate pages for each podcast episode.

Ideally, I would prefer not to have to create a story simply to relate
to the media asset that contains all the content. What I believe I need
is a media template, and according to the mailing list archives it
sounds like Paul Orrock had a patch for this.

See: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/bricolage/users/36810#36810

Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

phillip at communitybandwidth

Jun 17, 2011, 6:09 AM

Re: Media template for podcasts? [In reply to]

On 2011-06-14, at 4:48 PM, Schults, Chris wrote:

> We have an audio media element for podcasts that also includes meta
> information about the podcast, such as title, description, author and
> duration. Until now, we've only featured podcasts on completely
> templated index pages and RSS feeds. However, now we'd like to have
> separate pages for each podcast episode.
>
> Ideally, I would prefer not to have to create a story simply to relate
> to the media asset that contains all the content. What I believe I need
> is a media template, and according to the mailing list archives it
> sounds like Paul Orrock had a patch for this.
>
> See: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/bricolage/users/36810#36810
>
> Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm not sure that the media template concept is what you're after; the idea, as I understand it, was just to provide some media formatting options that are specific to certain types of media vs. replacing the need for a story template.

I think what you want *is* story elements / templates, but you could automate the creation of those.

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded