Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

bricolage client

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

zdravko.balorda at siix

Feb 18, 2011, 1:30 AM

bricolage client

Hi,

what is needed to run bric_soap only on a system?
I need to remotely contact bricolage server from
another machine. Do I need to install complete bricolage?

Regards, Zdravko

bret at pectopah

Feb 18, 2011, 4:37 AM

Re: bricolage client [In reply to]

Hi Zdravko,

Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.

bric_soap itself is a client, not the SOAP server. You can use any SOAP
client you like to talk to the Bricolage SOAP server, though, so writing
a script to accomplish your task might be easier.

Hope this makes sense,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer

david at kineticode

Feb 18, 2011, 9:41 AM

Re: bricolage client [In reply to]

On Feb 18, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Bret Dawson wrote:

> Hi Zdravko,
>
> Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.

Huh? No you don't. In bric_soap, I see:

use Getopt::Long;
use Pod::Usage;
use Term::ReadPassword;
use SOAP::Lite;
use HTTP::Cookies;

So that's probably all you need.

Best,

David

bret at pectopah

Feb 18, 2011, 11:09 AM

Re: bricolage client [In reply to]

Whoops. Sorry. I shouldn'

--
Bret Dawson
416-895-7635

"David E. Wheeler" <david [at] kineticode> wrote:

>On Feb 18, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Bret Dawson wrote:
>
>> Hi Zdravko,
>>
>> Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.
>
>Huh? No you don't. In bric_soap, I see:
>
>use Getopt::Long;
>use Pod::Usage;
>use Term::ReadPassword;
>use SOAP::Lite;
>use HTTP::Cookies;
>
>So that's probably all you need.
>
>Best,
>
>David

bret at pectopah

Feb 18, 2011, 11:33 AM

Re: bricolage client [In reply to]

Not only should I not speak without being sure I know what I'm talking
about, I should also not try sending mail from a phone. My apologies,
everybody.

Cheers,

Bret

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 14:09 -0500, Bret Dawson wrote:
> Whoops. Sorry. I shouldn'
>
> --
> Bret Dawson
> 416-895-7635
>
> "David E. Wheeler" <david [at] kineticode> wrote:
>
> >On Feb 18, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Bret Dawson wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Zdravko,
> >>
> >> Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.
> >
> >Huh? No you don't. In bric_soap, I see:
> >
> >use Getopt::Long;
> >use Pod::Usage;
> >use Term::ReadPassword;
> >use SOAP::Lite;
> >use HTTP::Cookies;
> >
> >So that's probably all you need.
> >
> >Best,
> >
> >David

david at kineticode

Feb 18, 2011, 12:08 PM

Re: bricolage client [In reply to]

On Feb 18, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Bret Dawson wrote:

> Not only should I not speak without being sure I know what I'm talking
> about, I should also not try sending mail from a phone. My apologies,
> everybody.

Man, I do that all the time. No worries. :-)

Best,

David

zdravko.balorda at siix

Feb 24, 2011, 10:49 PM

Re: bricolage client [In reply to]

Bret Dawson wrote:
> Hi Zdravko,
>
> Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.
>
> bric_soap itself is a client, not the SOAP server. You can use any SOAP
> client you like to talk to the Bricolage SOAP server, though, so writing
> a script to accomplish your task might be easier.

Amazing!
I'll immediately compile PHP SOAP in, and try this.
Zdravko

bch at methodlogic

Feb 25, 2011, 7:16 PM

Re: bricolage client [In reply to]

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 07:49:26AM +0100, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
> Bret Dawson wrote:
>> Hi Zdravko,
>>
>> Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.
>>
>> bric_soap itself is a client, not the SOAP server. You can use any SOAP
>> client you like to talk to the Bricolage SOAP server, though, so writing
>> a script to accomplish your task might be easier.
> Amazing!
> I'll immediately compile PHP SOAP in, and try this.

fwiw, it's been my experience that not all SOAP clients are created
equally. Just so you don't go ahead hacking and run into a wall assuming
the problem is with *you* ;)

Good luck.

-bch

--
Brad Harder
Method Logic Digital Consulting

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded