Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

deltami.edu.pl - a new bricolage site is online

 

 

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


k.rudnik at gmail

Feb 11, 2011, 6:04 AM

Post #1 of 3 (942 views)
Permalink
deltami.edu.pl - a new bricolage site is online

Hi all,

I am really pleased to announce that a new bricolage site
www.deltami.edu.pl is finally online.

DeltaMi  is a website of Delta - a popular monthly (existing since
1974 and affiliated with Warsaw University)
devoted to mathematics, physics, and astronomy and computer science
primarily aimed at high-school students.
Among our writers (our readers, our friends) you will find teachers, students,
math or physics olympiad winners, and top class University professors.


Delta articles are extremely complex (hardcore math, footnotes,
illustrations, marginal notes etc)
but all this stuff is managed quite easily with Bricolage, LaTeX and TeX4ht.

Some technical details ;)
13 story types
110 element types
12 OC's
5 independent taxonomy trees
TeX action
2 additonal bric layers (TeX and TeX cache)
some minor enhancements of bric GUI and API

All articles for Delta paper publications are in TeX.
Importing them to bricolage is quite simple: copy&paste to bric fields.
I can add safe inline links of type mail, footnote, biblio, exlink,
[relstory/relmedia]link - the job is quietly done by Bric, TeX and
JQuery.


All of this would not be possible without such a beautiful software as
Bricolage is.
I am really happy I found it some time ago.

Going online took quite a long time but it is not Bric fault - I am
rather mathematician then developer and made a lot of mistakes on the
way.


Thank you all on the list for help

Krzysztof Rudnik


david at kineticode

Feb 11, 2011, 8:52 AM

Post #2 of 3 (863 views)
Permalink
Re: deltami.edu.pl - a new bricolage site is online [In reply to]

On Feb 11, 2011, at 6:04 AM, Krzysztof Rudnik wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am really pleased to announce that a new bricolage site
> www.deltami.edu.pl is finally online.

Congratulations!

>
> DeltaMi is a website of Delta - a popular monthly (existing since
> 1974 and affiliated with Warsaw University)
> devoted to mathematics, physics, and astronomy and computer science
> primarily aimed at high-school students.
> Among our writers (our readers, our friends) you will find teachers, students,
> math or physics olympiad winners, and top class University professors.
>
>
> Delta articles are extremely complex (hardcore math, footnotes,
> illustrations, marginal notes etc)
> but all this stuff is managed quite easily with Bricolage, LaTeX and TeX4ht..
>
> Some technical details ;)
> 13 story types
> 110 element types
> 12 OC's
> 5 independent taxonomy trees
> TeX action
> 2 additonal bric layers (TeX and TeX cache)
> some minor enhancements of bric GUI and API
>
> All articles for Delta paper publications are in TeX.
> Importing them to bricolage is quite simple: copy&paste to bric fields.
> I can add safe inline links of type mail, footnote, biblio, exlink,
> [relstory/relmedia]link - the job is quietly done by Bric, TeX and
> JQuery.
>

Sounds awesome.

> All of this would not be possible without such a beautiful software as
> Bricolage is.
> I am really happy I found it some time ago.
>
> Going online took quite a long time but it is not Bric fault - I am
> rather mathematician then developer and made a lot of mistakes on the
> way.

I think you're a developer now. :-)

Best,

David


phillip at communitybandwidth

Feb 14, 2011, 8:39 AM

Post #3 of 3 (861 views)
Permalink
Re: deltami.edu.pl - a new bricolage site is online [In reply to]

On 2011-02-11, at 9:04 AM, Krzysztof Rudnik wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am really pleased to announce that a new bricolage site
> www.deltami.edu.pl is finally online.

Great. Thanks for this write-up. I'll put that on the bricolagecms.org Web site asap. :)

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.