Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

del_res Error

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mhenderson at adams

Dec 10, 2010, 11:17 AM

del_res Error

Hi,

We have an error that is showing up in our Bricolage 2.0 install. Is
this a known error or bug?

Can't locate object method "del_res" via package
"Bric::Util::Trans::SFTP" at
/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Dist/Action/Mover.pm line 194,<GEN1> line
1998.

As far as I know SFTP mover is disabled in our install.

Steps I took to create the error:
-Delete a Link to Document
-Save and Stay
-Preview
-Check-in and Publish

The story publishes but throws the error.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Mike Henderson
Adams State College

david at kineticode

Dec 10, 2010, 11:21 AM

Re: del_res Error [In reply to]

On Dec 10, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Mike Henderson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have an error that is showing up in our Bricolage 2.0 install. Is this a known error or bug?
>
> Can't locate object method "del_res" via package
> "Bric::Util::Trans::SFTP" at
> /usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Dist/Action/Mover.pm line 194,<GEN1> line
> 1998.
>
> As far as I know SFTP mover is disabled in our install.
>
> Steps I took to create the error:
> -Delete a Link to Document
> -Save and Stay
> -Preview
> -Check-in and Publish
>
> The story publishes but throws the error.

Have you had SFTP configured in the past? Might you have some destinations that still try to use it?

Best,

David

cdmiller at adams

Dec 16, 2010, 8:45 AM

Re: del_res Error [In reply to]

On 12/10/2010 12:21 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Mike Henderson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have an error that is showing up in our Bricolage 2.0 install. Is this a known error or bug?
>>
>> Can't locate object method "del_res" via package
>> "Bric::Util::Trans::SFTP" at
>> /usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Dist/Action/Mover.pm line 194,<GEN1> line
>> 1998.
>>
>> As far as I know SFTP mover is disabled in our install.
>>
>> Steps I took to create the error:
>> -Delete a Link to Document
>> -Save and Stay
>> -Preview
>> -Check-in and Publish
>>
>> The story publishes but throws the error.
>
> Have you had SFTP configured in the past? Might you have some destinations that still try to use it?

We used to use SFTP, but all destinations are now "File System" and SFTP
is off in the bricolage.conf. This system was upgraded from 1.10.1.

- cameron

david at kineticode

Dec 16, 2010, 10:20 AM

Re: del_res Error [In reply to]

On Dec 16, 2010, at 8:45 AM, cdmiller wrote:

>>> Can't locate object method "del_res" via package
>>> "Bric::Util::Trans::SFTP" at
>>> /usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Dist/Action/Mover.pm line 194,<GEN1> line
>>> 1998.
>>>
>>> As far as I know SFTP mover is disabled in our install.
>>>
>>> Steps I took to create the error:
>>> -Delete a Link to Document
>>> -Save and Stay
>>> -Preview
>>> -Check-in and Publish
>>>
>>> The story publishes but throws the error.
>>
>> Have you had SFTP configured in the past? Might you have some destinations that still try to use it?
>>

> We used to use SFTP, but all destinations are now "File System" and SFTP
> is off in the bricolage.conf. This system was upgraded from 1.10.1.

You'll have to trace it, then, see which document is triggering the error, then look at its output channels. Might it be in an old output channel, since deactivated, that still connects to an sftp destination?

David

cdmiller at adams

Dec 16, 2010, 1:39 PM

Re: del_res Error [In reply to]

On 12/16/2010 11:20 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

>>> Have you had SFTP configured in the past? Might you have some destinations that still try to use it?
>>>

>> We used to use SFTP, but all destinations are now "File System" and SFTP
>> is off in the bricolage.conf. This system was upgraded from 1.10.1.
>
> You'll have to trace it, then, see which document is triggering the error, then look at its output channels. Might it be in an old output channel, since deactivated, that still connects to an sftp destination?

We have some deactivated OC's, but none are listed for the latest story
showing this error (in the web interface). I also see no story
instances listed when searching for the deactivated OC ID's in the
story__output_channel table.

Where would I find the SFTP mover selected in postgres?

Thanks,

- cameron

bret at pectopah

Dec 16, 2010, 2:30 PM

Re: del_res Error [In reply to]

Hi Cameron,

The SFTP mover is a class, so you'll find an entry for it in the class
table.

>From there, you should be able to find records in the server_type table
with a corresponding class__id. Those "server type" records are
basically destinations.

And from there, you might be able to find an individual server that's
still active somehow.

Another thought: Maybe it's not the individual story, but a cover whose
publication is triggered by that story?

Hope this helps,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer

cdmiller at adams

Dec 16, 2010, 3:09 PM

Re: del_res Error [In reply to]

Indeed, in the server type table there was a server listed with the sftp
mover class id. The Move Method drop down in the web interface showed
"File System" with no selection available for SFTP. This is probably
due to the config file change. I saved the destination and the id for
"File System" is now set in the server type table.

Voila, publishing the latest offending story threw no errors.

Thanks everyone,

- cameron