Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users
Fixed story type to use non-fixed URI???

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

chris.schults at pccsea

Dec 8, 2010, 11:07 AM

Fixed story type to use non-fixed URI???

We have a general purpose story type named "Story", which is fixed. Soon
we will be launching a new section that will be comprised of non-fixed
stories, but "Story" would be ideal for the content we'll be creating
except the fact we want date-based URLs.

Because all our stories have always been single-page stories, and there
has never been discussion of moving away from this, we don't create page
elements as to not introduce another layer. However, I see now that
doing so would have helped me in this situation.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm left with creating a new story type
that is a duplicate of "Story" in all ways except that it is non-fixed,
or refactor my templates to somehow utilize utility templates. As I'd
rather not do either of these, is there a way to make a fixed story type
use the non-fixed URI syntax via a template?

Any other ideas?

If not, at least I can create a new output channel and have it include
templates from the existing output channel.

Chris

Chris Schults
Web Developer
PCC Natural Markets