Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

priority field in story and media

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

acaul at rand

Jan 28, 2009, 2:47 PM

priority field in story and media

Does anyone use the priority field for anything in their stories and
media? I notice that in the schema, priority is constrained to have a
value from 1 to 5. All of our stories and media have a priority of 3.
Does a 1 mean a story is more important than a story with a 3 or less
important? What does the priority indicate anyway? Does it have
something to do with priority in the jobs queue? Thanks.

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.

lannings at who

Jan 29, 2009, 3:56 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Ashlee Caul wrote:
> Does anyone use the priority field for anything in their stories and media? I
> notice that in the schema, priority is constrained to have a value from 1 to
> 5. All of our stories and media have a priority of 3. Does a 1 mean a story
> is more important than a story with a 3 or less important? What does the
> priority indicate anyway? Does it have something to do with priority in the
> jobs queue? Thanks.

I think it's meant for users to decide what the number means,
like putting colored flags on email. Probably about as useful[1], too.

1) I still use pine[2]
2) I'd probably make red-flagged email wait longer regardless

George.Harrison at gov

Jan 29, 2009, 8:24 AM

RE: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

On January 29, 2009 05:57 AM: Scott Lanning wrote

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Ashlee Caul wrote:
>> Does anyone use the priority field for anything in their stories and
>> media? I notice that in the schema, priority is constrained to have
>> a value from 1 to
>> 5. All of our stories and media have a priority of 3. Does a 1 mean
>> a story is more important than a story with a 3 or less important?
>> What does the priority indicate anyway? Does it have something to do
>> with priority in the jobs queue? Thanks.
>
> I think it's meant for users to decide what the number means,
> like putting colored flags on email. Probably about as useful[1], too.
>

> 1) I still use pine[2]
> 2) I'd probably make red-flagged email wait longer regardless

There's no place in corporate heaven waiting for you.

acaul at rand

Jan 29, 2009, 11:39 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

>> Does anyone use the priority field for anything in their stories
>> and media? I notice that in the schema, priority is constrained to
>> have a value from 1 to 5. All of our stories and media have a
>> priority of 3. Does a 1 mean a story is more important than a
>> story with a 3 or less important? What does the priority indicate
>> anyway? Does it have something to do with priority in the jobs
>> queue? Thanks.
>
> I think it's meant for users to decide what the number means,
> like putting colored flags on email. Probably about as useful[1], too.
>

> 1) I still use pine[2]
> 2) I'd probably make red-flagged email wait longer regardless

OK. I want to use it for something, but I don't know what I might
break in so doing. Any other thoughts?

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.

david at kineticode

Jan 29, 2009, 2:14 PM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

On Jan 29, 2009, at 11:39 AM, Ashlee Caul wrote:

> OK. I want to use it for something, but I don't know what I might
> break in so doing. Any other thoughts?

For what do you want to use it?

Best,

David

acaul at rand

Jan 30, 2009, 11:00 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

>> OK. I want to use it for something, but I don't know what I might
>> break in so doing. Any other thoughts?
>
> For what do you want to use it?

I want to use it as a selection criteria on $story->list. I have
criterion on which to select, but $story->list can't get ahold of
that criterion.

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.

david at kineticode

Jan 30, 2009, 12:36 PM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

On Jan 30, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Ashlee Caul wrote:

>>> OK. I want to use it for something, but I don't know what I might
>>> break in so doing. Any other thoughts?
>>
>> For what do you want to use it?
>
> I want to use it as a selection criteria on $story->list. I have
> criterion on which to select, but $story->list can't get ahold of
> that criterion.

What? Sorry, I don't follow.

Best,

David

zdravko.balorda at siix

Nov 15, 2010, 11:27 PM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

Hi,
now I have a question here: I intend to use priority field in my
sitemap.mc template to give a hint on how frequently a file is changed.

I you think it's stupid, just say so. :)

However, I can't get the value of priority field???

Regards, Zdravko

david at kineticode

Nov 16, 2010, 12:10 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

On Nov 15, 2010, at 11:27 PM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> now I have a question here: I intend to use priority field in my
> sitemap.mc template to give a hint on how frequently a file is changed.
>
> I you think it's stupid, just say so. :)

Better might be to look at the version number. The higher the version, the more often the document has been checked in by someone.

> However, I can't get the value of priority field???

$story->get_priority;

Best,

David

zdravko.balorda at siix

Nov 16, 2010, 5:31 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

> Better might be to look at the version number. The higher the version, the more often the document has been checked in by someone.

Yes, there should be some logic.

Strangely enough sitemap seems to require timezone in a format with a
colon like +01:00 and I can't find a proper format letter for this.
%z produces +0100 with no semicolon which google rejects.

Any hints?

Regards, Zdravko

bret at pectopah

Nov 16, 2010, 6:43 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

Hi Zdravko,

If this is for the standard news site map format, and in particular for
the <news:publication_date> node, this should work:

$story->get_cover_date('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ')

Hope this helps,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer

zdravko.balorda at siix

Nov 17, 2010, 6:06 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

> If this is for the standard news site map format, and in particular for
> the <news:publication_date> node, this should work:
>
> $story->get_cover_date('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ')

It's Google Sitemap files. Unfortunately %Z gives text timezone like CET.
I've given up. After four hours of trying to solve this I have finally stuck that
colon in between so timezone looks +01:00. Google is happy.

Zdravko

david at kineticode

Nov 17, 2010, 1:38 PM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

On Nov 17, 2010, at 6:06 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> It's Google Sitemap files. Unfortunately %Z gives text timezone like CET.
> I've given up. After four hours of trying to solve this I have finally stuck that
> colon in between so timezone looks +01:00. Google is happy.

%z. perldoc DateTime

David

zdravko.balorda at siix

Nov 17, 2010, 10:04 PM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

>> It's Google Sitemap files. Unfortunately %Z gives text timezone like CET.
>> I've given up. After four hours of trying to solve this I have finally stuck that
>> colon in between so timezone looks +01:00. Google is happy.
>
> %z. perldoc DateTime

To make things worse %z gives +0100 with no colon in between.
There is some W3C date format http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime
that says:
YYYY-MM-DDThh:mmTZD (eg 1997-07-16T19:20+01:00)

where
TZD = time zone designator (Z or +hh:mm or -hh:mm)

:(

Regards, Zdravko

david at kineticode

Nov 19, 2010, 7:26 PM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

On Nov 17, 2010, at 10:04 PM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> To make things worse %z gives +0100 with no colon in between.
> There is some W3C date format http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime
> that says:
> YYYY-MM-DDThh:mmTZD (eg 1997-07-16T19:20+01:00)
>
> where
> TZD = time zone designator (Z or +hh:mm or -hh:mm)

(my $date = $whatever->get_date('%Y-%m-%dT%H%M%S%z'))
=~ s/(\d\d)$/:$1/;

Best,

David

zdravko.balorda at siix

Nov 21, 2010, 11:13 PM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

Thanks! As always you come up with some clean solution. :)
Regards, Zdravko

David E. Wheeler wrote:
> (my $date = $whatever->get_date('%Y-%m-%dT%H%M%S%z'))
> =~ s/(\d\d)$/:$1/;
>
> Best,
>
> David

zdravko.balorda at siix

Nov 22, 2010, 5:24 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

The wonderful world of Perl:
http://search.cpan.org/~drolsky/DateTime-Format-W3CDTF-0.05/lib/DateTime/Format/W3CDTF.pm
use DateTime::Format::W3CDTF;

my $w3c = DateTime::Format::W3CDTF->new;
my $dt = $w3c->parse_datetime( '2003-02-15T13:50:05-05:00' );

# 2003-02-15T13:50:05-05:00
$w3c->format_datetime($dt);

Zdravko
ps. but it still looks like somebody got lost here. maybe me. :)

Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> Thanks! As always you come up with some clean solution. :)
> Regards, Zdravko
>

> David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> (my $date = $whatever->get_date('%Y-%m-%dT%H%M%S%z'))
>> =~ s/(\d\d)$/:$1/;
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> David

david at kineticode

Nov 22, 2010, 9:13 AM

Re: priority field in story and media [In reply to]

On Nov 22, 2010, at 5:24 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> The wonderful world of Perl:
> http://search.cpan.org/~drolsky/DateTime-Format-W3CDTF-0.05/lib/DateTime/Format/W3CDTF.pm
> use DateTime::Format::W3CDTF;
>
> my $w3c = DateTime::Format::W3CDTF->new;
> my $dt = $w3c->parse_datetime( '2003-02-15T13:50:05-05:00' );
>
> # 2003-02-15T13:50:05-05:00
> $w3c->format_datetime($dt);
>
> Zdravko
> ps. but it still looks like somebody got lost here. maybe me. :)

Yeah, that's better. Just use "object" for the formatting string:

$w3c->format_datetime($story->get_cover_date('object'));

Best,

David

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded