Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

How do I change from mysql to postgres?

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bergbrains at gmail

Oct 17, 2010, 8:56 AM

How do I change from mysql to postgres?

I'm starting a bricolage project, have installed bric configured to
use mysql, and now want to switch to pg. Any pointers on how to go about
this?

I really don't have any data that needs to be migrated. I just need to
point bric at pg and set up the db.

Thanks.

Eric

david at kineticode

Oct 17, 2010, 9:59 AM

Re: How do I change from mysql to postgres? [In reply to]

On Oct 17, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Eric berg wrote:

> I'm starting a bricolage project, have installed bric configured to use mysql, and now want to switch to pg. Any pointers on how to go about this?
>
> I really don't have any data that needs to be migrated. I just need to point bric at pg and set up the db.

I would re-install it.

make clean
perl Makefile.PL
make
make install

Maybe

make uninstall

first to remove the MySQL build.

Best,

David

bergbrains at gmail

Oct 17, 2010, 1:26 PM

Re: How do I change from mysql to postgres? [In reply to]

That's what I wound up doing. Since there was nothing in the db and
all of the Perl mods were already there, it was pretty easy, actually.

Thanks, David.

Eric