Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

Permissions changed in sandbox

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

michael at zambra

Jun 2, 2009, 4:18 AM

Permissions changed in sandbox

Hello Bricoleurs,

I'm having a problem with my template's sandbox. From time to time I
can't preview stories, because the system complains about a permissions
problem. I have had a look into the files involved, and the permissions
are all set to 400. When I change them e.g. to 640, everything works again.
But puzzles me is which is the reason for the permissions to be changed
automatically.
I'm testing / localizing Bricolage 1.11.1 cooperating with Apache 2
under OpenSuse 11.1.

Any ideas?

Best,

Michael

david at kineticode

Jun 2, 2009, 9:00 AM

Re: Permissions changed in sandbox [In reply to]

On Jun 2, 2009, at 4:18 AM, Zambra wrote:

> I'm having a problem with my template's sandbox. From time to time I
> can't preview stories, because the system complains about a
> permissions problem. I have had a look into the files involved, and
> the permissions are all set to 400. When I change them e.g. to 640,
> everything works again.
> But puzzles me is which is the reason for the permissions to be
> changed automatically.
> I'm testing / localizing Bricolage 1.11.1 cooperating with Apache 2
> under OpenSuse 11.1.
>
> Any ideas?

Sounds like the umask settings for your system are rather conservative.

Best,

David

michael at zambra

Jun 3, 2009, 5:39 AM

Re: Permissions changed in sandbox [In reply to]

Hello David,

thanks again for your help. My umask is set to 022. I will keep an eye
on the problem. It started after I had cloned and "install cloned" my
Bricolage in order to move it to a newer version of OpenSuse (from 10.1
to 11.1).

Best,

Michael