Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: users

Order of fields in element type

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

michael at zambra

Order of fields in element type

Hello,

I'm trying to change the order ("place") of a field in a story type
element (or for that matter reverse it with another field), with no
success. As there seems to be no way to do it from the field's "Edit"
option, I delete my old field, create a new one and specify an already
taken position for it. I thought that this would cause all the elements
below this position to be "pushed" down, but this doesn't happen. I
guess it is because there is already a field there using the same
position in the element. I had to fix it in the database.
Is this correct or have I done something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Michael

david at kineticode

Re: Order of fields in element type [In reply to]

On May 10, 2009, at 10:20 PM, Zambra wrote:

> I'm trying to change the order ("place") of a field in a story type
> element (or for that matter reverse it with another field), with no
> success. As there seems to be no way to do it from the field's
> "Edit" option, I delete my old field, create a new one and specify
> an already taken position for it. I thought that this would cause
> all the elements below this position to be "pushed" down, but this
> doesn't happen. I guess it is because there is already a field there
> using the same position in the element. I had to fix it in the
> database.
> Is this correct or have I done something wrong?

Are you using Bricolage 1.11? You can just drag them by their labels
to re-order them. You'll need-to re-ativate the field you deleted by
doing

UPDATE field_type
SET active = true
WHERE key_name = 'whatever';

Where "whatever" is whatever the key name of the field was.

HTH,

Daivd

michael at zambra

Re: Order of fields in element type [In reply to]

David E. Wheeler escribió:
> On May 10, 2009, at 10:20 PM, Zambra wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to change the order ("place") of a field in a story type
>> element (or for that matter reverse it with another field), with no
>> success. As there seems to be no way to do it from the field's "Edit"
>> option, I delete my old field, create a new one and specify an
>> already taken position for it. I thought that this would cause all
>> the elements below this position to be "pushed" down, but this
>> doesn't happen. I guess it is because there is already a field there
>> using the same position in the element. I had to fix it in the database.
>> Is this correct or have I done something wrong?
>
> Are you using Bricolage 1.11? You can just drag them by their labels
> to re-order them. You'll need-to re-ativate the field you deleted by
> doing
>
> UPDATE field_type
> SET active = true
> WHERE key_name = 'whatever';
>
> Where "whatever" is whatever the key name of the field was.
>
> HTH,
>
> Daivd

Really cool! Yes, I'm using Bricolage 1.11.

Thanks, David.

Michael

Bricolage users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded