Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: devel

Element types and search forms

Bricolage devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bret at pectopah

Element types and search forms

Hi everybody,

I'm beginning to think that the element type and subelement type
pulldown menus on the advanced search forms should only show element
types that the current user has READ access to. Does that make sense, or
am I missing something?

Thanks so much,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer

david at justatheory

Re: Element types and search forms [In reply to]

On May 15, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Bret Dawson wrote:

> I'm beginning to think that the element type and subelement type
> pulldown menus on the advanced search forms should only show element
> types that the current user has READ access to. Does that make sense, or
> am I missing something?
>
> Thanks so much,

Well, it might be that one does not have READ access to story type foo, but might be able to search for "foo" stories and see stores that she *does* have access to, because they are in a category they have permission to, for example.

But perhaps you're right; they can use a category search to find those.

David

Bricolage devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded