Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: devel
Re: Use with Amazon CloudFront CDN (for images, PDFs, etc.)

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

dse at webonastick

Dec 2, 2011, 9:02 AM

Re: Use with Amazon CloudFront CDN (for images, PDFs, etc.) [In reply to]

>> (A) Can versioning be accomplished by simply adding support for
>> something like %{version} to output channel URL formats, or is it more
>> complex than that?
>
> IIRC, it will work with any key listed in my_meths in the asset
> class or any of its parents.
> And yes, it looks like version is an option in Bric::Biz::Asset:
>
>  https://github.com/bricoleurs/bricolage/blob/master/lib/Bric/Biz/Asset.pm#L548
>
> There might be other issues, though; I'm not sure. I don't
> think the URI will be recalculated in the database for every
> new version, so finding existing media in the system by
> their URIs might be tricky.

I've done some deeper digging and it turns out the filename can't even
part of the URI format for media.
If you stick %{slug} in there, it gets ignored.
The filename is appended outside of the _construct_uri function that
does all the %{...} replacements.

Any insight as to why this is the case? Looks like I'll have to do
quite a bit of hacking and I don't want to break anything.