Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: devel
Re: thumbnails on the fly

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

zdravko.balorda at siix

Re: thumbnails on the fly [In reply to]

David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On May 27, 2011, at 12:45 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
>
>> Excellent! This solves it. It feels like there exists a generic thumbnail handling
>> approach. Something like:
>> $burner->get_thumbnail($img, {'width' => xx, 'height' => yy, 'crop' => 0/1, ... } )
>> which (re)creates (check file mtime) a thumbnail media document of type Thumbnail
>> (hidden from users), makes it related to $img, considers other configuration options,
>> etc. etc. and returns thumbnail media document, that being related, will be published
>> along with the original image. A user don't need to care about anything. There can
>> be as many thumbnail images as are needed. Even too many, actually ... ?!
>
> You mean find_or_create_alternate()?
>
> http://bricolagecms.org/docs/current/api/Bric::Biz::Asset::Business::Media::Image#Public-Instance-Methods

YES, actually! It comes out, that anything I can think of is already there! :)
That's Bricolage!

Thanks,
Zdravko

Subject User Time
Re: thumbnails on the fly zdravko.balorda at siix May 27, 2011, 12:45 AM
    Re: thumbnails on the fly david at kineticode May 27, 2011, 9:09 AM
    Re: thumbnails on the fly david at kineticode May 27, 2011, 9:09 AM
    Re: thumbnails on the fly zdravko.balorda at siix May 29, 2011, 11:03 PM
    Re: thumbnails on the fly zdravko.balorda at siix May 30, 2011, 11:50 PM
        Re: thumbnails on the fly david at kineticode May 31, 2011, 9:29 AM