Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: devel

French localization for Bricolage 2.0?

Bricolage devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dawn at dawnthots

Jul 20, 2010, 7:14 PM

French localization for Bricolage 2.0?

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've emailed the list!

I have a potential client who is interested in Bricolage if it has
French localization. I don't see it in the 2.0 version. Was this
available in the earlier versions?

And is anyone else working on this translation and if not how many
terms would have to be translated?

thanks,
Dawn

david at kineticode

Jul 20, 2010, 7:43 PM

Re: French localization for Bricolage 2.0? [In reply to]

On Jul 20, 2010, at 7:14 PM, Dawn Buie wrote:

> I have a potential client who is interested in Bricolage if it has French localization. I don't see it in the 2.0 version. Was this available in the earlier versions?

No.

> And is anyone else working on this translation and if not how many terms would have to be translated?

Around 750 in a Bric::Util::Lang subclass, plus another 30 in a JavaScript library. Then there is all the contextual documentation, but none of that has been translated into any language, alas.

Best,

David

dawn at thetyee

Jul 21, 2010, 5:32 AM

Re: French localization for Bricolage 2.0? [In reply to]

Hi David

Thanks for the info. Well if I get the contract I'll include a budget
item for French translation then submit that back to the Bric community.

Dawn

On 20-Jul-10, at 10:43 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2010, at 7:14 PM, Dawn Buie wrote:
>
>> I have a potential client who is interested in Bricolage if it has
>> French localization. I don't see it in the 2.0 version. Was this
>> available in the earlier versions?
>
> No.
>
>> And is anyone else working on this translation and if not how many
>> terms would have to be translated?
>
> Around 750 in a Bric::Util::Lang subclass, plus another 30 in a
> JavaScript library. Then there is all the contextual documentation,
> but none of that has been translated into any language, alas.
>
> Best,
>
> David

bch at methodlogic

Jul 21, 2010, 10:55 AM

Re: French localization for Bricolage 2.0? [In reply to]

--
Brad Harder
Method Logic Digital Consulting

Bricolage devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded