Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: devel
stories losing their workflow -- more info

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

D-Beaudet at NGA

stories losing their workflow -- more info

I don't recall if this was fixed or not because I haven't been reading
every e-mail, but I think I have found a way to reproduce the problem of
stories losing their workflow / desk association. I've done it twice in
a row now with the same result.

I should note that the system was performing no other actions during
this test.

Check out a story from the shelf

Immediately check it into the second desk of a workflow (not sure the
order of desk matters one iota, but that's what I did)

Navigate to that desk and check out the story again, stay on the edit
screen, don't log out or anything

RESTART BRICOLAGE

Check the story into the SHELF

At this point in my system, I still see the story on my workspace where
it doesn't belong - this indicates that the story and workflow
attributes are now pointing to a different location for the story

Refreshing my workspace page, I get the following warnings confirming
the mixup.

Warning: object "Pompeii and the Roman Villa: Art and Culture around the
Bay of Naples" had no associated workflow. It has been assigned to the
"Audio Tours" workflow

Warning: object "Pompeii and the Roman Villa: Art and Culture around the
Bay of Naples" had no associated desk. It has been assigned to the
"Audio: Draft" desk.

At this point, if I log in as another user and check out the story, then
check it back into the shelf, all is well. However, if I check out the
story as the same user, the mismatch is retained.

For debugging purposes, it would be helpful to know if others can
replicate this. I'm thinking it has something to do with caching, but
that's just a hunch.

- Dave B.