Mailing List Archive: Bricolage: devel

Re: [8454] Added more documentation to inst/htprobe_apache2.pl and fixed

Bricolage devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

paulo at digitalcraftsmen

Mar 6, 2009, 3:27 AM

Re: [8454] Added more documentation to inst/htprobe_apache2.pl and fixed

Hi,

I've fixed my commit issues :-) Just thought I'd explain the changes to
required.pl

This is best with an example : Pick Pg and Apache2 (which are installed)
but be missing expat. The error you get states you're missing MySQL,Apache1
*and* expat. This code now only displays items that are missing and that
we actually requested.

regards,

Paul

--
Paul Orrock Digital Craftsmen
Lead SysAdmin www.digitalcraftsmen.net

david at kineticode

Mar 6, 2009, 9:07 AM

Re: [8454] Added more documentation to inst/htprobe_apache2.pl and fixed [In reply to]

On Mar 6, 2009, at 2:36 AM, paulo [at] bricolage wrote:

> - (map { "\tmod_$_\n" } @missing), "\n")
> - if @missing;
> + (map { "\tmod_$_\n" } @missing), "\n",
> + "Please install them or, if they are installed, you
> may need to enable them in\n",
> + "the mods-enabled directory of your apache2
> installation or use a2enmod <module>,\n",
> + "if you have that installed on your operating system.
> \n")
> + if @missing;

We should do the same for ht_probe_apache.pl, no?

Thanks!

David

david at kineticode

Mar 6, 2009, 9:12 AM

Re: [8454] Added more documentation to inst/htprobe_apache2.pl and fixed [In reply to]

On Mar 6, 2009, at 3:27 AM, Paul Orrock wrote:

> This is best with an example : Pick Pg and Apache2 (which are
> installed) but be missing expat. The error you get states you're
> missing MySQL,Apache1 *and* expat. This code now only displays
> items that are missing and that we actually requested.

paulo++

David

paulo at digitalcraftsmen

Mar 6, 2009, 9:15 AM

Re: [8454] Added more documentation to inst/htprobe_apache2.pl and fixed [In reply to]

David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Mar 6, 2009, at 2:36 AM, paulo [at] bricolage wrote:
>
>> - (map { "\tmod_$_\n" } @missing), "\n")
>> - if @missing;
>> + (map { "\tmod_$_\n" } @missing), "\n",
>> + "Please install them or, if they are installed, you may
>> need to enable them in\n",
>> + "the mods-enabled directory of your apache2
>> installation or use a2enmod <module>,\n",
>> + "if you have that installed on your operating system.\n")
>> + if @missing;
>>

> We should do the same for ht_probe_apache.pl, no?
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

No, because Apache 1 uses a completely different way of loading modules so
this isn't a problem for Apache 1.

Regards,

Paul

david at kineticode

Mar 6, 2009, 9:19 AM

Re: [8454] Added more documentation to inst/htprobe_apache2.pl and fixed [In reply to]

On Mar 6, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Paul Orrock wrote:

>> We should do the same for ht_probe_apache.pl, no?
>> Thanks!
>> David
>
> No, because Apache 1 uses a completely different way of loading
> modules so this isn't a problem for Apache 1.

Ah, okay.

Best,

David

Bricolage devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded