Mailing List Archive: mod_backhand: users
Newbie question: Loadbalancing Apache and Tomcat

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

john.weir at gs

Newbie question: Loadbalancing Apache and Tomcat

All,

I have a geographically disparate site ( LDN, NY, TKY, HK ) each running an
Apache 1.3.23 instance, with 1 or 2 tomcat 4.0.2 servlet engines at each
site. I use mod_jk between the apaches and tomcat for load balancing. should
I use mod_backhand for load balancing instead, and can I cluster the
disparate sites ?

Thoughts appreciated