jesus at omniti
May 30, 2001, 3:06 PM
Post #1 of 1
It appears that the ChangeLog is getting too long to manage. So,
mod_backhand 1.2.0 released
ready-or-not, I have tagged and rolled mod_bakchand 1.2.0. It is
available on the website:
May 30th, 2001 (05.30.2001) -- mod_backhand -- 1.2.0
* Fixed issue appending GET style query parameters on HTTP redirected
patch submitted by Juergen Brunk <juergen.brunk at gmx.de>.
* Fixed RFC compliance issue with HTTP response codes that are 304, 204,
and less that 200. They are explicitly defined to have no
* Some header clean up when fetching proxying documents.
* No longer recalculate the arriba if there is a backhand-arriba file
available. This should speed things up tremendously and was
* Before the parent Apache process forks children, it now waits to
that the mod_backhand moderator process is bound and accepting on
the unix domain socket required for MBCS.
* Added a notes file to detail issues with different platforms.
off with a Solaris patch requirement. Insight and debugging
of Kevin Walters.
* Better logging and error handling in a few places -- still no docs :-(
* Added code to setgid() the moderator processes. Before, we only
-- original patch from Stephan Seyboth <sps at caldera.de>
* Added addSelf as a candidacy function. (adds the local machine if it
not already on the list)
* Added removeSelf as a candidacy function. (removes the local machine
it is on the list)
* Added off as a candidacy function. (just removes all servers as
This is required to turn of mod_backhand in directories that are
below enabled directories in the heirarchy.
* Added bySessions [identifier] to redirect established sessions to the
machine every time. Read README.bySession for more details.
was contributed by Martin Domig <md at ims.at>
* Moved all builtin candidacy function code into builtins.[ch] so that
addition of new builtin candidacy functions only requires
of those two files.
* Added a "logger" callback to clean up the r->connection->remote_addr
we intentionally munged if the connection was proxied. Without
the remote address was not correct for subsequent HTTP requests
the same connection (KeepAlives.) This fixes the bug that causes
$REMOTE_ADDR to be wrong sometimes.
* Now supports FreeBSD-4.x platform.
* Removed BackhandProxied: from the headers_in on the proxying
allows SetEnvIf BackhandProxied to work write even when
BackhandSelfRedirect is enabled.
* No longer remove Content-Length headers from Connection: close
This makes users' progress bars work correctly.
* Clients speaking HTTP/1.1 were not getting Keep-Alives turned on under
certain circumstances. This has been fixed -- I think.
* Headers in multiplicity were reduced to a single headers. This
apps that use multiple Set-Cookie headers. This has been fixed.
* Fixed bug in moderator restart when mod_backhand is statically
* Fixed double printing of mod_backhand settings to error_log on
* Change the autoconf configuration to automatically add -lm and
* Added the byBusyChildren candidacy function.
* Fixed a bug that caused expired sessions in the pool to cause POSTs
* Fixed compilation error on OpenBSD.
* Now supports Darwin/Mac OS X platform -- Marquis Logan <nibs at
* Fixed AF_UNIX problem on *BSD. Pathnam (.sun_path) was not null
* Added tight timeouts around the MBCS code to protect the child.
indefinitely will not happen now.
* precompile now runs configure before installing itself in the apache
tree. Without this, config.h didn't exist.
* precompile now augments Apache's configure to force mod_so on if
* Added BackhandModeratorPIDFile configuration directive. If
will write the new moderator PID in this file.
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E 491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984
2047R/33131B65/71 F7 95 64 49 76 5D BA 3D 90 B9 9F BE 27 24 E7