Mailing List Archive: mod_backhand: devel

mod_proxy

mod_backhand devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sbeck at gossamer-threads

Oct 28, 2004, 6:39 PM

mod_proxy

Hi,

I have a patch here that changes mod_backhand to use mod_proxy instead
of doing the proxy it's self. This has the side effect of fixing support
for SSI includes. It also allows people to use mod_proxy directives such
as ProxyPassReverse to fixup URL's that are being proxied to internal
address/ports. A small part of the code was taken from mod_rewrite, not
sure if there is a licence issue there. Would anyone be interested in
this patch? If so I can post it to the list or put it somewhere to be
downloaded.

Cheers,

Scott
--
-------------------- Gossamer Threads Inc. ----------------------
Scott Beck Email: scott [at] gossamer-threads

jesus at omniti

Nov 2, 2004, 5:32 AM

Re: mod_proxy [In reply to]

Scott Beck wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a patch here that changes mod_backhand to use mod_proxy instead
>of doing the proxy it's self. This has the side effect of fixing support
>for SSI includes. It also allows people to use mod_proxy directives such
>as ProxyPassReverse to fixup URL's that are being proxied to internal
>address/ports. A small part of the code was taken from mod_rewrite, not
>sure if there is a licence issue there. Would anyone be interested in
>this patch? If so I can post it to the list or put it somewhere to be
>downloaded.

Patches are always welcome, but I can't guarantee that I can include
them right now.

There shouldn't be a license issue from mod_rewrite. The copyright
statement will need to be preserved from that code of course and the
license itself will need to be augmented to reflect the demands of that
license. They are more or less compatible.

I have some backhand rewrite stuff here in another branch, though it
isn't my call to release it. It does the proxying through EAPI, right?

--
// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/

sbeck at gossamer-threads

Nov 2, 2004, 8:50 AM

Re: mod_proxy [In reply to]

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 08:32 -0500, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

> Patches are always welcome, but I can't guarantee that I can include
> them right now.
>
> There shouldn't be a license issue from mod_rewrite. The copyright
> statement will need to be preserved from that code of course and the
> license itself will need to be augmented to reflect the demands of that
> license. They are more or less compatible.
>
> I have some backhand rewrite stuff here in another branch, though it
> isn't my call to release it. It does the proxying through EAPI, right?

It just sets up r->filename and sets r->handler to "proxy-server". I'll
go ahead and attach what I have. This is not against CVS mainly because
I can't access your CVS server. It's against the last release.

The main reason for this patch is I needed something like
ProxyPassReverse and I also needed SSI to work for our setup.

NB: Still need to add checks in that mod_proxy is loaded.

Cheers,

Scott

--
Scott Beck Email: scott [at] gossamer-threads
Lead Software Developer Phone: (604) 687-5804
http://www.gossamer-threads.com Fax: (604) 687-5806
Attachments: 1.2.2-use-mod_proxy.patch (24.8 KB)

mod_backhand devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded