Mailing List Archive: mod_backhand: devel
Patch to allow shared UnixSocketDir

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jesus at omniti

Sep 10, 2003, 1:20 PM

Patch to allow shared UnixSocketDir [In reply to]

Applied to HEAD.

On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 15:55 US/Eastern, Mike Cramer wrote:

> Some of my servers run multiple instances of apache, listening on
> different ports or IPs. It seems like needing a separate UnixSocketDir
> for each one is not really necessary -- the "arriba" could be
> calculated by the first server started, and then read by the rest. The
> only problem is the "bparent" file, which it seems like should be
> unique for each server instance.
>
> The attached patch prepends the server_hostname and port from the
> server_rec to the name, allowing more than one server to point to the
> same UnixSocketDir, as long as they don't have an identical hostname
> and port in their server_rec.
>
> The patch is against 1.2.2.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// Postal Engine -- http://www.postalengine.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on earth

Subject User Time
Patch to allow shared UnixSocketDir cramer at webkist Sep 10, 2003, 12:55 PM
    Patch to allow shared UnixSocketDir jesus at omniti Sep 10, 2003, 1:20 PM