Mailing List Archive: atrpms: users

nvidia-graphics for EL6

atrpms users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

lunchtimelarry at gmail

Jul 19, 2012, 5:36 AM

nvidia-graphics for EL6

Is nvidia-graphics for ELS6 correct in the repo? All I see via the website
is two packages, one of which is a source rpm. It looks conspicuously
different from say nvidia-graphics-beta as well as the legacy packages.

Thanks!

lunchtimelarry at gmail

Jul 25, 2012, 6:43 AM

Re: nvidia-graphics for EL6 [In reply to]

Anyone? Is this working as intended?

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry [at] gmail> wrote:

> Is nvidia-graphics for ELS6 correct in the repo? All I see via the
> website is two packages, one of which is a source rpm. It looks
> conspicuously different from say nvidia-graphics-beta as well as the legacy
> packages.
>
> Thanks!

J.Pilk at tesco

Jul 25, 2012, 3:26 PM

Re: nvidia-graphics for EL6 [In reply to]

On 25/07/12 14:43, Larry K wrote:
> Anyone? Is this working as intended?
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry [at] gmail
> <mailto:lunchtimelarry [at] gmail>> wrote:
>
> Is nvidia-graphics for ELS6 correct in the repo? All I see via the
> website is two packages, one of which is a source rpm. It looks
> conspicuously different from say nvidia-graphics-beta as well as the
> legacy packages.
>
> Thanks!

Hi: I don't know what kernel and what nvidia driver you want, but there
seems to be a huge variety there at present - unlike the Fedora builds,
where most packages are still awaiting Axel's reauthorisation
formalities and/or his immediate attention. I'm looking here:

http://dl.atrpms.net/sl6-x86_64/atrpms/stable/

And there have also been recent posts about building you own using a
.src.rpm with a running kernel for which kmdls don't yet exist. May be
a little scary if you usually boot to an active graphics screen, of course!

http://dl.atrpms.net/src/sl6-x86_64/atrpms/stable/

HTH

John P

lunchtimelarry at gmail

Aug 13, 2012, 7:13 PM

Re: nvidia-graphics for EL6 [In reply to]

Hmmm. There was basically nothing for 32-bit EL6 2+ weeks ago. If I tried
to install nvidia-graphics, it failed. Now, as I look today, the repo
appears to be corrected.