Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: atrpms: users

staying on mythtv 0.24

 

 

atrpms users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


kim+j2 at alleroedderne

Apr 15, 2012, 1:03 AM

Post #1 of 5 (601 views)
Permalink
staying on mythtv 0.24

Hi,

Here is what I have done to stay on mythtv 0.24, if anyone wants to do
the same. I would like to hear any ideas/corrections to do it more
elegantly that what I have done, because that was laborious ;-) The
situation I'm in is also unstable, in that, it prefers to upgrade to
0.25 :-(

First I did an yum install of all mythtv packages *already* installed on
my system, noting f anything would bring in 0.25 packages. The process
was much like:
rpm -qa myth\* | sed 's/0.24.2-281/0.24.3-282/g' | xargs yum install

I noticed that there where some 0.24 libraries still wanting to update,
so I did that:
yum update libmyth\*-0.24_0

Still there where some libraries wanting to upgrade, but insisting on
upgrading to 0.25. Those I did with:
yum install libmythavcodec52-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
libmythavcore0-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
libmythavdevice52-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
libmythavfilter1-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
libmythavformat52-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
libmythavutil50-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
libmythpostproc51-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686 libmythswscale0-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686

My reason for staying on 0.24 for the time being is until I hear how
0.25 fares with AMD/ATI graphics, and which driver one needs (radeon or
catalyst)
Hope it helps someone.

Regards,
Kim


_______________________________________________
atrpms-users mailing list
atrpms-users [at] atrpms
http://lists.atrpms.net/mailman/listinfo/atrpms-users


t004 at kbocek

Apr 15, 2012, 9:00 AM

Post #2 of 5 (562 views)
Permalink
Re: staying on mythtv 0.24 [In reply to]

On 4/15/2012 1:03 AM, Kim Bisgaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is what I have done to stay on mythtv 0.24, if anyone wants to do
> the same. I would like to hear any ideas/corrections to do it more
> elegantly that what I have done, because that was laborious ;-) The
> situation I'm in is also unstable, in that, it prefers to upgrade to
> 0.25 :-(
>
> First I did an yum install of all mythtv packages *already* installed on
> my system, noting f anything would bring in 0.25 packages. The process
> was much like:
> rpm -qa myth\* | sed 's/0.24.2-281/0.24.3-282/g' | xargs yum install
>
> I noticed that there where some 0.24 libraries still wanting to update,
> so I did that:
> yum update libmyth\*-0.24_0
>
> Still there where some libraries wanting to upgrade, but insisting on
> upgrading to 0.25. Those I did with:
> yum install libmythavcodec52-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
> libmythavcore0-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
> libmythavdevice52-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
> libmythavfilter1-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
> libmythavformat52-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
> libmythavutil50-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
> libmythpostproc51-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686 libmythswscale0-0.24.3-282.fc16.i686
>
> My reason for staying on 0.24 for the time being is until I hear how
> 0.25 fares with AMD/ATI graphics, and which driver one needs (radeon or
> catalyst)
> Hope it helps someone.
>
> Regards,
> Kim

Yes, Kim, it's going to help those of us with CentOS-5 backends where
.25 isn't available but CentOS-6 frontends where we will need to perform
this procedure. I'll be sure to save your procedure. It will save me
some work. Thanks.


_______________________________________________
atrpms-users mailing list
atrpms-users [at] atrpms
http://lists.atrpms.net/mailman/listinfo/atrpms-users


rja at rogera

Apr 16, 2012, 8:54 PM

Post #3 of 5 (563 views)
Permalink
Re: staying on mythtv 0.24 [In reply to]

For Fedora 16, I added an exclude line to the [atrpms] section
of /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo.

[atrpms]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/f$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms
exclude=*-0.25-*

In case some other package gets upgraded to the same version as mythtv,
I occasionally run this yum command just to see what I am missing:

# yum --disableexcludes=all list updates



_______________________________________________
atrpms-users mailing list
atrpms-users [at] atrpms
http://lists.atrpms.net/mailman/listinfo/atrpms-users


t004 at kbocek

Apr 16, 2012, 9:19 PM

Post #4 of 5 (560 views)
Permalink
Re: staying on mythtv 0.24 [In reply to]

On 4/16/2012 8:54 PM, Roger J. Allen wrote:
> For Fedora 16, I added an exclude line to the [atrpms] section
> of /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo.
>
> [atrpms]
> name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms
> failovermethod=priority
> baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/f$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms
> exclude=*-0.25-*
>
> In case some other package gets upgraded to the same version as mythtv,
> I occasionally run this yum command just to see what I am missing:
>
> # yum --disableexcludes=all list updates

I can't see why that wouldn't also work on CentOS-*. Yum is Yum. Maybe
throw a "myth" string in the exclude as well so you don't accidentally
filter other ATrpm packages.

_______________________________________________
atrpms-users mailing list
atrpms-users [at] atrpms
http://lists.atrpms.net/mailman/listinfo/atrpms-users


rja at rogera

Apr 16, 2012, 9:41 PM

Post #5 of 5 (562 views)
Permalink
Re: staying on mythtv 0.24 [In reply to]

On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 21:19 -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>
> On 4/16/2012 8:54 PM, Roger J. Allen wrote:
> > For Fedora 16, I added an exclude line to the [atrpms] section
> > of /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo.
> >
> > [atrpms]
> > name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms
> > failovermethod=priority
> > baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/f$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
> > enabled=1
> > gpgcheck=1
> > gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms
> > exclude=*-0.25-*
> >
> > In case some other package gets upgraded to the same version as mythtv,
> > I occasionally run this yum command just to see what I am missing:
> >
> > # yum --disableexcludes=all list updates
>
> I can't see why that wouldn't also work on CentOS-*. Yum is Yum. Maybe
> throw a "myth" string in the exclude as well so you don't accidentally
> filter other ATrpm packages.
>

Yes, the exclude line could be:

exclude=*myth*-0.25-*

I was worried that it would miss the uppercase M in perl-MythTV and
python-MythTV, but those two packages do get excluded.




_______________________________________________
atrpms-users mailing list
atrpms-users [at] atrpms
http://lists.atrpms.net/mailman/listinfo/atrpms-users

atrpms users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.