Mailing List Archive: atrpms: users

Bijou 20120323 update for MythTV 0.24.2

atrpms users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ylee at pobox

Bijou 20120323 update for MythTV 0.24.2

The 20120323 release of the 'bijou' respin of MythTV 0.24.2, based on
ATrpms r280, is now available on atrpms-testing.

bijou is an enhanced version of MythTV with useful fixes and
improvements. The database is never changed so users can always move
freely between the bijou and stock versions.

New changes:
* Significantly speeds up the loading of Watch Recordings. On my
frontend/backend, I have seen the load time with 1,500 recordings go
from 6 to 3 seconds. (#10161)
* The return of a fix for Jumppoints not working when OSD is present
(#7939). Warning: With the patch, using jumppoints while in cutpoint
editing mode may crash the frontend. Please report on your
experience.
* Support for MPEG-4 channels over FireWire (#10080).

Previous changelog for Bijou:
* Ron Frazier's support for the Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCI (and possibly
USB; untested)-based CableCARD tuner. More information is at
<URL:http://mythtvblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/ceton-inifinitv-4-in-mythtv-024-part-2.html>. As
Ron's work has also been added to master, bijou users using the
Ceton should be able to upgrade to the forthcoming 0.25 without
having to delete and readd the tuner in mythtv-setup.
* Adjustments to ThreadedFileWriter's buffers. Significantly improves
recordings' integrity when destination disks are stressed, at the
cost of increased RAM usage. (That said, on my 2GB RAM
frontend/backend I've recorded four HD streams at once without
swapping.)
* Enhancements for default-wide metatheme (inherited by Mythbuntu and
others). Changes include 6 channels on guide grid, more room for
wider dates, original air dates everywhere, years and stars next to
movie titles, and more.
* Lengthen socket timeout from default 7 seconds to 20 seconds, which
helps when starting playback with disk/CPU load.

As always, please report any issues to atrpms-users.