Mailing List Archive: atrpms: users

Can't install XBMC on Fedora 14 MythTV box - librtmp conflict

atrpms users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

philledwards at gmail

Oct 3, 2011, 12:43 AM

Can't install XBMC on Fedora 14 MythTV box - librtmp conflict

I'm trying to install XBMC on my Fedora 14 MythTV box. XBMC is coming
from the rpmfusion repo. librtmp is a dependency but yum can't install
it because it conflicts with librtmp0 which is already installed from
ATrpms (and can't be uninstalled because of other dependencies with
MythTV packages).

The error on installing XBMC is:
file /usr/lib64/librtmp.so.0 from install of
librtmp-2.3-2.fc14.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
librtmp0-2.3-1.fc14.x86_64

If I try to remove librtmp0 with yum I get these dependency errors:

Removing:
librtmp0 x86_64 2.3-1.fc14 @atrpms 98 k
Removing for dependencies:
ffmpeg x86_64 0.8-47.fc14 @atrpms 950 k
libavdevice52 x86_64 0.7.1-46.fc14 @atrpms 61 k
libavdevice53 x86_64 0.8-47.fc14 @atrpms 61 k
libavfilter1 x86_64 0.7.1-46.fc14 @atrpms 433 k
libavfilter2 x86_64 0.8-47.fc14 @atrpms 435 k
libavformat52 x86_64 0.7.1-46.fc14 @atrpms 1.0 M
libavformat53 x86_64 0.8-47.fc14 @atrpms 1.0 M
mplayer x86_64 4:1.0-87_snap20110830.fc14 @atrpms 34 M
mytharchive x86_64 0.24.1-277.fc14 @atrpms 17 M
mythplugins x86_64 0.24.1-277.fc14 @atrpms 18 k
mythtv x86_64 0.24.1-277.fc14 @atrpms 0.0
mythvideo x86_64 0.24.1-277.fc14 @atrpms 1.9 M
mythweb noarch 0.24.1-265 @atrpms 4.0 M
transcode x86_64 1.1.5-47.2.fc14 @atrpms 5.9 M

According to the MythTV mailing list, MythTV shouldn't have any
dependencies on librtmp0. In their words "Mythweb and mytharchive
might depend on ffmpeg, but in turn ffmpeg should have no support for
librtmp".

Any ideas how I can resolve this to allow me to install XBMC?

Regards,
Phill

philledwards at gmail

Oct 7, 2011, 4:49 AM

Re: Can't install XBMC on Fedora 14 MythTV box - librtmp conflict [In reply to]

> I'm trying to install XBMC on my Fedora 14 MythTV box. XBMC is coming
> from the rpmfusion repo. librtmp is a dependency but yum can't install
> it because it conflicts with librtmp0 which is already installed from
> ATrpms (and can't be uninstalled because of other dependencies with
> MythTV packages).

Just wondering if anyone had any advice to offer on this. From what I
can gather on the MythTV list it seems that the ATrpms ffmpeg package
has an incorrect dependency on librtmp0 which other repos (rpmforge
was the example given) don't have.

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms

Oct 12, 2011, 2:42 AM

Re: Can't install XBMC on Fedora 14 MythTV box - librtmp conflict [In reply to]

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 22:49 +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > I'm trying to install XBMC on my Fedora 14 MythTV box. XBMC is coming
> > from the rpmfusion repo. librtmp is a dependency but yum can't install
> > it because it conflicts with librtmp0 which is already installed from
> > ATrpms (and can't be uninstalled because of other dependencies with
> > MythTV packages).
>
> Just wondering if anyone had any advice to offer on this. From what I
> can gather on the MythTV list it seems that the ATrpms ffmpeg package
> has an incorrect dependency on librtmp0 which other repos (rpmforge
> was the example given) don't have.

That is wrong information - please do fence off any such input you get.
The dependencies work fine, you can use ATrpms' rtmpdump with XBMC just
fine. Unless the rpm packager of XBMC has hardwired a specific rtmpdump
version (but why should he? It would be very non-conventional
packaging).

If yum gets confused, remove the current rtmpdump bits and install
ATrpms'. You would see both XBMC and mythtv working fine.
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

atrpms users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded