Mailing List Archive: atrpms: users

dahdi-linux for EL5 ?

atrpms users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dani at firewall-services

Mar 8, 2011, 3:58 AM

dahdi-linux for EL5 ?

Hi everyone.

It looks like there's no more dahdi-linux (and the kmdl's) for EL5
distro.

is there just a build problem and they will come back soon ?

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.

dani at firewall-services

Mar 25, 2011, 7:40 AM

Re: dahdi-linux for EL5 ? [In reply to]

Am I the only one using asterisk on el5 and wondering why dahdi-linux
isn't available for this distro ?

Regards, Daniel

Le mardi 08 mars 2011 à 12:58 +0100, Daniel Berteaud a écrit :
> Hi everyone.
>
> It looks like there's no more dahdi-linux (and the kmdl's) for EL5
> distro.
>
> is there just a build problem and they will come back soon ?
>
> Regards, Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Berteaud
> FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
> Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
> Technopôle Montesquieu
> 33650 MARTILLAC
> Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
> Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
> Mail: daniel [at] firewall-services
> Web : http://www.firewall-services.com

Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
Technopôle Montesquieu
33650 MARTILLAC
Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
Mail: daniel [at] firewall-services
Web : http://www.firewall-services.com

jcasale at activenetwerx

Mar 25, 2011, 11:34 AM

Re: dahdi-linux for EL5 ? [In reply to]

>Am I the only one using asterisk on el5 and wondering why dahdi-linux
>isn't available for this distro ?

I used to use them back when I had dahdi hardware, I had pushed Axel to
apply Tzafrir Cohens Oslec patch into it.

If you don’t require this, just use Digiums repo:
http://packages.digium.com/
http://packages.asterisk.org/

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms

Mar 26, 2011, 4:15 AM

Re: dahdi-linux for EL5 ? [In reply to]

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 15:40 +0100, Daniel Berteaud wrote:
> Am I the only one using asterisk on el5 and wondering why dahdi-linux
> isn't available for this distro ?
>
> Regards, Daniel

It is available, but not for the kernel series 238 (e.g. RHEL 5 Update
6). There have been many backports into this kernel and most kernel
module builds broke against this kernel and require special handling for
this series.

This is a known issue documented for example here:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18992

This report contains a sane looking patch, I applied it to the latest
build and the kmdls are in the repo now. Give them a try and let us know
how/ well/bad they work on 5.6.

> Le mardi 08 mars 2011 à 12:58 +0100, Daniel Berteaud a écrit :
> > Hi everyone.
> >
> > It looks like there's no more dahdi-linux (and the kmdl's) for EL5
> > distro.
> >
> > is there just a build problem and they will come back soon ?
> >
> > Regards, Daniel
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Berteaud
> > FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
> > Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
> > Technopôle Montesquieu
> > 33650 MARTILLAC
> > Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
> > Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
> > Mail: daniel [at] firewall-services
> > Web : http://www.firewall-services.com

> Daniel Berteaud
> FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
> Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
> Technopôle Montesquieu
> 33650 MARTILLAC
> Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
> Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
> Mail: daniel [at] firewall-services
> Web : http://www.firewall-services.com

http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

dani at firewall-services

Mar 28, 2011, 10:21 AM

Re: dahdi-linux for EL5 ? [In reply to]

Le samedi 26 mars 2011 à 13:15 +0200, Axel Thimm a écrit :
> On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 15:40 +0100, Daniel Berteaud wrote:
> > Am I the only one using asterisk on el5 and wondering why dahdi-linux
> > isn't available for this distro ?
> >
> > Regards, Daniel
>
> It is available, but not for the kernel series 238 (e.g. RHEL 5 Update
> 6). There have been many backports into this kernel and most kernel
> module builds broke against this kernel and require special handling for
> this series.
>
> This is a known issue documented for example here:
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18992
>
> This report contains a sane looking patch, I applied it to the latest
> build and the kmdls are in the repo now. Give them a try and let us know
> how/ well/bad they work on 5.6.

thanks. I've not tested those for 5.6 yet (because I'm running CentOS).
The packages for 5.5 are now available on the mirrors (since yesterday).

Regards, Daniel

> > Le mardi 08 mars 2011 à 12:58 +0100, Daniel Berteaud a écrit :
> > > Hi everyone.
> > >
> > > It looks like there's no more dahdi-linux (and the kmdl's) for EL5
> > > distro.
> > >
> > > is there just a build problem and they will come back soon ?
> > >
> > > Regards, Daniel
> > >
> > > --
> > > Daniel Berteaud
> > > FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
> > > Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
> > > Technopôle Montesquieu
> > > 33650 MARTILLAC
> > > Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
> > > Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
> > > Mail: daniel [at] firewall-services
> > > Web : http://www.firewall-services.com

> > --
> > Daniel Berteaud
> > FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
> > Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
> > Technopôle Montesquieu
> > 33650 MARTILLAC
> > Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
> > Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
> > Mail: daniel [at] firewall-services
> > Web : http://www.firewall-services.com

Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
Technopôle Montesquieu
33650 MARTILLAC
Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
Mail: daniel [at] firewall-services
Web : http://www.firewall-services.com

Axel.Thimm at ATrpms

Mar 28, 2011, 1:16 PM

Re: dahdi-linux for EL5 ? [In reply to]

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 19:21 +0200, Daniel Berteaud wrote:
> Le samedi 26 mars 2011 à 13:15 +0200, Axel Thimm a écrit :
> > On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 15:40 +0100, Daniel Berteaud wrote:
> > > Am I the only one using asterisk on el5 and wondering why dahdi-linux
> > > isn't available for this distro ?
> > >
> > > Regards, Daniel
> >
> > It is available, but not for the kernel series 238 (e.g. RHEL 5 Update
> > 6). There have been many backports into this kernel and most kernel
> > module builds broke against this kernel and require special handling for
> > this series.
> >
> > This is a known issue documented for example here:
> >
> > https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18992
> >
> > This report contains a sane looking patch, I applied it to the latest
> > build and the kmdls are in the repo now. Give them a try and let us know
> > how/ well/bad they work on 5.6.
>
> thanks. I've not tested those for 5.6 yet (because I'm running CentOS).
> The packages for 5.5 are now available on the mirrors (since yesterday).

Touche, your are right, while the kmdl did build for 5.5 due to the fact
that they failed for the 5.6 kernels the whole set of builds had been
tagged as failed, so the kmdls for 5.5 had been actually effectively
removed once 5.6 came out ... :/

Anyway, there are now packages for both, e.g. once 5.6 is out for CentOS
you will also have the proper upgrade path.