Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: atrpms: devel

Latest mplayer for rhel6 has no pulseaudio support

 

 

atrpms devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


promac at gmail

Jan 18, 2011, 1:37 PM

Post #1 of 4 (727 views)
Permalink
Latest mplayer for rhel6 has no pulseaudio support

Hi, Axel

your latest mplayer for rhel6 has been compiled without pulseaudio
support:

[naja:~] mplayer -ao help
MPlayer SVN-r32789-snapshot-4.4.4 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
This codecs.conf is too old and incompatible with this MPlayer release! at
line 6
Available audio output drivers:
oss OSS/ioctl audio output
alsa ALSA-0.9.x-1.x audio output
arts aRts audio output
esd EsounD audio output
jack JACK audio output
sdl SDLlib audio output
mpegpes DVB audio output
v4l2 V4L2 MPEG Audio Decoder output
null Null audio output
pcm RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ


Axel.Thimm at ATrpms

Jan 19, 2011, 2:15 AM

Post #2 of 4 (701 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest mplayer for rhel6 has no pulseaudio support [In reply to]

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 19:37 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> your latest mplayer for rhel6 has been compiled without pulseaudio
> support:

Actually it is missing everything RHEL5 was missing. I rebuilt it and
enabled all features. For technical reasons I could bump the release
tag, yet, so if you want to test it you will need to remove the old one,
yum clear all and reinstall. :/
--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)


promac at gmail

Jan 19, 2011, 6:00 AM

Post #3 of 4 (709 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest mplayer for rhel6 has no pulseaudio support [In reply to]

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm [at] atrpms> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 19:37 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > your latest mplayer for rhel6 has been compiled without pulseaudio
> > support:
>
> Actually it is missing everything RHEL5 was missing. I rebuilt it and
> enabled all features. For technical reasons I could bump the release
> tag, yet, so if you want to test it you will need to remove the old one,
> yum clear all and reinstall. :/
>
>

Maybe there are other packages in the same situation.

avidemux also does not have the qt interface.

I would check, vlc, xine-lib, ....

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ


Axel.Thimm at ATrpms

Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM

Post #4 of 4 (696 views)
Permalink
Re: Latest mplayer for rhel6 has no pulseaudio support [In reply to]

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 12:00 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm [at] atrpms>
> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 19:37 -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > your latest mplayer for rhel6 has been compiled without
> pulseaudio
> > support:
>
>
> Actually it is missing everything RHEL5 was missing. I rebuilt
> it and
> enabled all features. For technical reasons I could bump the
> release
> tag, yet, so if you want to test it you will need to remove
> the old one,
> yum clear all and reinstall. :/
>
>
>
> Maybe there are other packages in the same situation.
>
> avidemux also does not have the qt interface.
>
>
> I would check, vlc, xine-lib, ....

Good catch, there are quite a few (all inherited from RHEL5):

graphviz: --without mcs --without lua
graphviz: --without ocaml
gspca: --without v4l
madwifi-old: --with rhel4hack
litmus: --without systemneon
alsaplayer: --without oss --without nas
avidemux: --without qt4
avidemux: --with ffmpeg_flag
ffmpeg: --without speex
ffmpeg: --without dirac
ffmpeg: --without openjpeg
gnome-mplayer: --without full
gnormalize: --without ExtUtils
lives: --without pulse
lives: --without nas
mpg123: --without pulse
mpg123: --without nas
mpg123: --without oss
mplayerplug-in: --with xulrunner
mythtv-0.25: --without pulseaudio
mythtv: --without pulseaudio
transcode: --without sdl
xine: --without full
xine-lib: --without full
xine-ui: --without full
cgal-python: --with rhel
auctex: --without xemacs
wicd: --with rhel

--
http://thimm.gr/ - http://ATrpms.net/
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

atrpms devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.