Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

start another daemon when apache starts on ubuntu. how to?

rp.neuli at yahoo

Aug 13, 2012, 2:12 PM

start another daemon when apache starts on ubuntu. how to?

hello,

can someone please advice how can i start another daemon when apache starts on ubuntu, and if it fails write that error to my apache error log ?

ty.
Rajeev

alex at alex

Aug 13, 2012, 3:57 PM

Re: start another daemon when apache starts on ubuntu. how to? [In reply to]

http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/

--
Alex Bligh

gouin.ivan at gmail

Aug 13, 2012, 11:35 PM

Re: start another daemon when apache starts on ubuntu. how to? [In reply to]

Hi,
Don't really know ubuntu, but you could copy the init.d script which start
apache.
that's what i do on my redhat servers.

Adapt this file to point to your second deamon configuration:
- using httpd -k start -f <config_file>
- modifying the CONFFILE, and pidfile

then register this second deamon using "chkconfig -add"

Ivan