luke at bibliopolis

unsubscribe

workfwork at hotmail

Jun 4, 2012, 7:10 PM

unsubscribe [In reply to]

howto UNsubscribe ?

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 20:21:32 -0500
From: DRuggeri [at] primary
To: users [at] httpd
Subject: Re: [users [at] http] Response code 408

On 6/4/2012 3:13 PM, John Iliffe wrote:

1) since almost all of these 408's are METHOD=GET why is the request not
present as soon as the initial connection arrives since the request is
coded in the URL and not in a separate header? The total (URL + request)
length is about 80 bytes or less.

Headers are also sent as part of the request.

2) what is the default value when the directive is not present and is it
reasonable? ie, do I have some as yet undetected problem here?

This is documented here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_reqtimeout.html#requestreadtimeout

header=20-40,MinRate=500 body=20,MinRate=500

3) how far should I extend the body= time before I create the problem that
the directive was designed to resolve - denial of service attacks caused by
missing requests.

That's tough to say - the directive exists to limit the amount of
resources a single client can take up by being slow. It really
depends per site as some sites may not be particularly bothered by
slow clients or may not have many. It also varies because some sites
serve clients across the world on very slow connections so they may
need to tweak the values to accommodate those users.

--
Daniel Ruggeri

yehuda at ymkatz

Jun 4, 2012, 7:13 PM

Re: unsubscribe [In reply to]

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Work W <workfwork [at] hotmail> wrote:

> howto UNsubscribe ?

From the website (http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html):

To unsubscribe, send a messages to users-unsubscribe [at] httpd (or,
if you are subscribed to the digest version of the list, send to
users-digest-unsubscribe [at] httpd ). You must send the unsubscribe
message from the same email address that you used to subscribe to the list.
To complete the unsubscription process you must reply to a confirmation
email. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please check your
spam filters to see if they are capturing the message. If all else fails,
you can contact the list administrator at users-owner [at] httpd to
get help.