Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users
non-www to www redirect works with a little issue

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

joydeep at infoservices

non-www to www redirect works with a little issue

Hello,

I have place the following in my .htaccess to redirect non-www to www redirection

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example\.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.example.com/$1 [R=301]

The redirect work well but a little hitch.
Say If I visit http://example.com/page1.html it redirect to
http://www.example.com so at the home page. Where it should
append the www before the link, but not alter the link.

What modification should I add here to make it work ?

Thanks