Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

sh: fetch: command not found

 

 

Apache users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


linuxtovishesh at gmail

Apr 30, 2012, 4:15 AM

Post #1 of 6 (683 views)
Permalink
sh: fetch: command not found

Hi Members,

I am getting a lots of following error in my error_log

----------------------------------------------
sh: fetch: command not found
---------------------------------------------------

What could be the reason as nothing more relevant information in log file ?


Thanks
Vishesh Kumar


covener at gmail

Apr 30, 2012, 4:28 AM

Post #2 of 6 (656 views)
Permalink
Re: sh: fetch: command not found [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM, vishesh kumar <linuxtovishesh [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi Members,
>
> I am getting a lots of following error in my error_log
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> sh: fetch: command not found
> ---------------------------------------------------

Check your CGI scripts for a bad call to "fetch"

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd


linuxtovishesh at gmail

Apr 30, 2012, 4:34 AM

Post #3 of 6 (719 views)
Permalink
Re: sh: fetch: command not found [In reply to]

Thanks Eric ,
But i didn't uploaded any CGI script which call fetch*. *
I suspect if this could be hacking attempt .

Thanks
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Eric Covener <covener [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM, vishesh kumar <linuxtovishesh [at] gmail>
> wrote:
> > Hi Members,
> >
> > I am getting a lots of following error in my error_log
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------
> > sh: fetch: command not found
> > ---------------------------------------------------
>
> Check your CGI scripts for a bad call to "fetch"
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd
>
>


--
http://linuxmantra.com


covener at gmail

Apr 30, 2012, 4:36 AM

Post #4 of 6 (669 views)
Permalink
Re: sh: fetch: command not found [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM, vishesh kumar <linuxtovishesh [at] gmail> wrote:
> Thanks Eric ,
> But i didn't uploaded any CGI script which call†fetch.
> I suspect if this could be hacking attempt .

Could be, you could try tour best to correlate with the access log.

--
Eric Covener
covener [at] gmail

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd


tevans.uk at googlemail

May 3, 2012, 9:07 AM

Post #5 of 6 (641 views)
Permalink
Re: sh: fetch: command not found [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM, vishesh kumar
<linuxtovishesh [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi Members,
>
> I am getting a lots of following error in my error_log
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> sh: fetch: command not found
> ---------------------------------------------------
>
> What could be the reason as nothing more relevant information in log file ?
>
>

When (PHP, Perl, Python, CGI) are asked to execute a file, they will
usually invoke it with sh. One script is trying to invoke fetch, which
is a BSD command like wget for fetching files.

Try and match up the error log entry with a specific request, track
down the script that is being invoked, work out why it is trying to
invoke fetch.

Alternatively, add your own 'fetch' command, that does nothing, prints
out the time on stderr and returns a failure exit code. This will help
you track down when the command was executed and match it to a
request.

Cheers


Tom

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd


linuxtovishesh at gmail

May 3, 2012, 10:37 AM

Post #6 of 6 (647 views)
Permalink
Re: sh: fetch: command not found [In reply to]

Thanks Tom for wonderful suggestion.

Let me try this



On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Tom Evans <tevans.uk [at] googlemail> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM, vishesh kumar
> <linuxtovishesh [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Hi Members,
> >
> > I am getting a lots of following error in my error_log
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------
> > sh: fetch: command not found
> > ---------------------------------------------------
> >
> > What could be the reason as nothing more relevant information in log
> file ?
> >
> >
>
> When (PHP, Perl, Python, CGI) are asked to execute a file, they will
> usually invoke it with sh. One script is trying to invoke fetch, which
> is a BSD command like wget for fetching files.
>
> Try and match up the error log entry with a specific request, track
> down the script that is being invoked, work out why it is trying to
> invoke fetch.
>
> Alternatively, add your own 'fetch' command, that does nothing, prints
> out the time on stderr and returns a failure exit code. This will help
> you track down when the command was executed and match it to a
> request.
>
> Cheers
>
>
> Tom
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd
>
>


--
http://linuxmantra.com

Apache users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.