Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

Content Type Apache 1.3.27

jorge_santiago.externogrupopf at banorte

Content Type Apache 1.3.27

Hi,

I'm migrating an application from HP-UX to Solaris

Apache 1.3.27
HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800
Solaris SunOS 5.10 Generic_147440-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise

In solaris, my whole application is working fine except for one single page that is not being interpreted.

I think my webserver it's sending back a wrong Content Type to my web page. Instead of sending text/html, it's sending text/plain.

Do you have any suggestions why is this happening?

Or how can I modify this?

PS. I can't upgrade apache because I'm not authorized to do that.

I must work with this environment.

Regards.

________________________________
Este correo electronico es confidencial y/o puede contener informacion privilegiada.
Si usted no es su destinatario o no es alguna persona autorizada por este para recibir sus correos electronicos, NO debera usted utilizar, copiar, revelar, o tomar ninguna accion basada en este correo electronico o cualquier otra informacion incluida en el, favor de notificar al remitente de inmediato mediante el reenvio de este correo electronico y borrar a continuacion totalmente este correo electronico y sus anexos.
Nota: Los acentos y caracteres especiales fueron omitidos para su correcta lectura en cualquier medio electronico.

This e-mail is confidential and/or may contain privileged information.
If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any other information herein, please advise the sender immediately by reply this e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments.

DRuggeri at primary

Re: Content Type Apache 1.3.27 [In reply to]

On 4/27/2012 7:24 PM, Grupo PF_Jorge Antonio Santiago Gonzalez wrote:
> I think my webserver it's sending back a wrong Content Type to my web
> page. Instead of sending text/html, it's sending text/plain.

Your description doesn't clarify what happens when you visit the
resource, so I'm grasping. In 1.3 the DefaultType directive controls
what happens when no Content-Type can be guessed from the TypesConfig
mapping. If you are working on a CGI script, the script should be
adjusted to send a proper ContentType to avoid this problem.

Also, to confirm this is the problem, you may need to check the data
coming back with some sort of request capturing (Firebug, Fiddler, etc)
or a network trace.

--
Daniel Ruggeri

jorge_santiago.externogrupopf at banorte

RE: Content Type Apache 1.3.27 [In reply to]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

You're right, I forgot to say what happens with the resource.

When I visit the resource I only see the html code, as a plain text.

Also I have already check this with Fiddler, so that's how I know it's sending text/plain.

Regards,
Jorge.

RE: Content Type Apache 1.3.27 [In reply to]

Hi,

I've already changed the DefaultType to text/html in the httpd.conf file.
Also the mime.types file has the content-type .html and .htm extensions
Fiddler shows: Content-Type: text/plain, when it's an html file
The CGI script is okay.
Is some other parameter that I could set in the httpd.conf file to send the correct content type?

Thanks.