Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

How to enable deflate content-encoding with Apache2 mod_deflate?

 

 

Apache users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


howachen at gmail

Apr 8, 2012, 11:43 PM

Post #1 of 4 (381 views)
Permalink
How to enable deflate content-encoding with Apache2 mod_deflate?

No matter how I test using different value of Accept-Encoding, it
always returned as gzip.


curl -I -H 'Accept-Encoding: gzip' http://www.example.com
Content-Encoding: gzip


curl -I -H 'Accept-Encoding: deflate' http://www.example.com
Content-Encoding: gzip

Seems the documentation is confusing? So how to force deflate?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd


covener at gmail

Apr 9, 2012, 4:01 AM

Post #2 of 4 (357 views)
Permalink
Re: How to enable deflate content-encoding with Apache2 mod_deflate? [In reply to]

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM, howard chen <howachen [at] gmail> wrote:
> No matter how I test using different value of Accept-Encoding, it
> always returned as gzip.
>
>
> curl -I -H  'Accept-Encoding: gzip' http://www.example.com
> Content-Encoding: gzip
>
>
> curl -I -H  'Accept-Encoding: deflate' http://www.example.com
> Content-Encoding: gzip
>
> Seems the documentation is confusing? So how to force deflate?

mod_deflate only does one kind of encoding, but I couldn't tell you if
it's actually more gzip then deflate or vice versa wrt 2616.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd


howachen at gmail

Apr 10, 2012, 8:20 AM

Post #3 of 4 (353 views)
Permalink
Re: How to enable deflate content-encoding with Apache2 mod_deflate? [In reply to]

Hi,


On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Eric Covener <covener [at] gmail> wrote:
> mod_deflate only does one kind of encoding, but I couldn't tell you if
> it's actually more gzip then deflate or vice versa wrt 2616.
>

I am already using

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml


So I suppose it is a bug?

No DEFLATE is used, only GZIP

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd


covener at gmail

Apr 10, 2012, 8:41 AM

Post #4 of 4 (355 views)
Permalink
Re: How to enable deflate content-encoding with Apache2 mod_deflate? [In reply to]

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM, howard chen <howachen [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Eric Covener <covener [at] gmail> wrote:
>> mod_deflate only does one kind of encoding, but I couldn't tell you if
>> it's actually more gzip then deflate or vice versa wrt 2616.
>>
>
> I am already using
>
> AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
>
>
> So I suppose it is a bug?
>
> No DEFLATE is used, only GZIP
>

Not a bug

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe [at] httpd
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help [at] httpd

Apache users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.