Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users
Slow mod_proxy response

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

Shirley.Ong at thomsonreuters

Slow mod_proxy response

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with a problem I'm having at work. We have a
Glassfish server running on SLES 11. I installed Apache2 with mod_proxy
so that users can use port 80 for redirection to the Glassfish service.
This is the setting of my server.

<VirtualHost INTERNAL_IPADDR:80>

ServerName server.com

RewriteEngine On

ProxyPreserveHost On

# If request is not for subdir ServicePortal, then redirect to
it

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/subdir/

RewriteRule / subdir/$1 [R=301,L]

# Turn off forward proxy and use reverse proxy

ProxyRequests Off

ProxyPass /subdir http://localhost:8080/subdir

ProxyPassReverse /subdir http://localhost:8080/subdir

</VirtualHost>

The server is hosted in the lab network and the INTERNAL_IPPDR is one of
the IP addresses on the server, say 172.29.31.10. There is a firewall in
the lab for outside connection into the lab and the natted IP address
is, say 10.109.32.10. From office LAN, users request for the webpages
using http://server.com, which has the address 10.109.32.10. For some
reason, we see slow response when accessing the server from the office
network and sometimes we get TCP timeout. The response from within the
lab however, is fast. Could anyone shed some lights? I have hostname
lookup turned off to eliminate DNS issues.

Thanks

Shirley

This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.