Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

Help on mod cache

Pramodkumar.Srikantamurthy at webex

Help on mod cache

HI,

Can someone help me understand why am I unable to get the cached files
on the unix box.

Using the configurations as mentioned below which I am using on the
windows xp and getting the files cached in the mentioned

directory (diskcachedir). But on unix I am unable to get the files
cached in the folder diskcachedir.

Checked the permission on the folder and it is rwxr-xr-x.

We have rebuild the apache 2.2.17 and configured the modules mod_cache
and mod_disk_cache.

Why is that the fies are not being cached on the disk ?

There is no problems in virtual hosting as I could see the pages from
the weblogic correctly.

Configurations used :

LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so

LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so

LoadModule weblogic_module modules/mod_wl_22.so

<VirtualHost 111.222.333.444:8080>

<IfModule mod_weblogic.c>

<IfModule cache_module>

<IfModule disk_cache_module>

#Disable caching for the .js files.

#SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.js$" no-cache

# Root directory on the disk for caching.

CacheRoot /usr/local/apache2.2/diskcachedir/

# Store for one hour

CacheMaxExpire 3600

# Enable caching for all static files in the request

CacheEnable disk /xxx/yyyyy/*

CacheDirLevels 1

CacheDirLength 2

</IfModule>

</IfModule>

<IfModule>

</VirtualHost>

Regards

Pramod

icicimov at gmail

Re: Help on mod cache [In reply to]

And the cache directory is owned by....? If you created that directory as
root and didnt change the ownership then the user you are running apache
under will not be able to write in.
Other possible explenation would be that all pages from weblogic are coming
with Cache-control: no-cache header (which i doubt).