Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

AuthLDAPUrl

melanie_pfefer at yahoo

Nov 1, 2007, 5:34 AM

AuthLDAPUrl

hi,

AuthLDAPUrl can have multiple values?

AuthLDAPUrl ldap://..... , ldap://.....

or this form?
AuthLDAPUrl ldap://...
AuthLDAPUrl ldap://...??

thanks.

tony at pc-tony

Nov 1, 2007, 7:00 AM

Re: AuthLDAPUrl [In reply to]

On Thu, November 1, 2007 12:34 pm, Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> hi,
>
> AuthLDAPUrl can have multiple values?
>

> AuthLDAPUrl ldap://..... , ldap://.....

This is correct. If you use your last method, the last entry will
overwrite the previous values. This is how it should look:

AuthLDAPUrl ldap://a.b.c ldap://d.e.f ldap://g.h.i

You get the idea.

melanie_pfefer at yahoo

Nov 1, 2007, 8:02 AM

Re: AuthLDAPUrl [In reply to]

thanks. But I got this error:

Syntax error on line 177 of
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid LDAP connection mode setting: must be one of
NONE, SSL, or TLS/STARTTLS

any idea?

thanks.
--- Tony Stevenson <tony [at] pc-tony> wrote:

> On Thu, November 1, 2007 12:34 pm, Melanie Pfefer
> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > AuthLDAPUrl can have multiple values?
> >

> > AuthLDAPUrl ldap://..... , ldap://.....
> >
> This is correct. If you use your last method, the
> last entry will
> overwrite the previous values. This is how it should
> look:
>
> AuthLDAPUrl ldap://a.b.c ldap://d.e.f ldap://g.h.i
>
> You get the idea.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help [at] httpd

melanie_pfefer at yahoo

Nov 2, 2007, 1:33 AM

Re: AuthLDAPUrl [In reply to]

hi Tony, all,

Line 177:

AuthLDAPUrl
ldap://PALADAR/ou=users,dc=uk,dc=siroe,dc=com?sAMAccountName?sub?
ldap://PALADAR/ou=users,dc=us,dc=siroe,dc=com?sAMAccountName?sub?

I searched on the web...seems apache does not allow 2
ldap urls in AuthLDAPUrl

any hints please?

--- Tony Stevenson <tony [at] pc-tony> wrote:

> What do you have on line 177?
> Better yet why dont you show me all your relevant
> config please?
>
> Cheers,
> Tony
>

> Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> > thanks. But I got this error:
> >
> > Syntax error on line 177 of
> > /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> > Invalid LDAP connection mode setting: must be one
> of
> > NONE, SSL, or TLS/STARTTLS
> >

> > any idea?
> >
> > thanks.
> > --- Tony Stevenson <tony [at] pc-tony> wrote:

> >> This is correct. If you use your last method, the
> >> last entry will
> >> overwrite the previous values. This is how it
> should
> >> look:
> >>
> >> AuthLDAPUrl ldap://a.b.c ldap://d.e.f
> ldap://g.h.i
> >>
> >> You get the idea.

> >> " from the digest:
> >> users-digest-unsubscribe [at] httpd
> >> For additional commands, e-mail:
> >> users-help [at] httpd

> > Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there
> knows the answer. Try it
> > now.
> > http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

tony at pc-tony

Nov 2, 2007, 3:58 AM

Re: AuthLDAPUrl [In reply to]

Melanie,

Sorry my mistake, I wasn't paying much attention yesterday.

What you need to look at is mod_authn_alias:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authn_alias.html
With this you can create a list of authentication types, look at the
examples, these show exactly what you are trying to do.

Sorry for not picking this up yesterday.

Tony

Nov 2, 2007, 4:17 AM

Re: AuthLDAPUrl [In reply to]

Hi

I do not have the module mod_authn_alias.so loaded.

Do I need to configure apache with special option?

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help [at] httpd

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help [at] httpd

tony at pc-tony

Nov 2, 2007, 4:22 AM

Re: AuthLDAPUrl [In reply to]

If you want to use multiple LDAP servers to protect one location, then
you will need something like this yes.
If you dont have the module loaded you will need to load it to use it.

If you dont currently have the modulem then you will need to tell us
what version of Apache you are usuing, how it was built, what OS you are
using, and its' version.

Tony