Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

Lotus Quickplace / Apache Reverse Proxy

jackminder at gmail

Mar 1, 2007, 8:49 PM

Lotus Quickplace / Apache Reverse Proxy

I am trying to get the lotus notes app Quickplace to work through our
apache reverse proxy. I am hoping someone will share their knowledge
on this.

I have noticed it uses the internal server address all over the place.
So I was able to get around this by using the directive
"ProxyPreserveHost On"

I am still not able to login, it seems the redirect gets puked on.

I see nothing in the apache access or error logs.

Thanks a million!
Jack

sctemme at apache

Mar 1, 2007, 9:12 PM

Re: Lotus Quickplace / Apache Reverse Proxy [In reply to]

On Mar 1, 2007, at 8:49 PM, Jack Saunders wrote:

> I am still not able to login, it seems the redirect gets puked on.

I have limited experience with the Lotus software: perhaps you can
talk to your IBM people. However, when I did a job last year
involving Workplace Services, there was a setting that made the app
not send the Redirect response upon login.

That said, mod_proxy should rewrite outgoing 30x redirects when you
use the ProxyPassReverse directive with the same parameters as the
corresponding ProxyPass. Do you have that directive in place?

S.

--
sctemme [at] apache http://www.temme.net/sander/
Open Source Software Consultant

ApacheCon 2007 Europe Early Bird Rate extended through March 1!
http://www.eu.apachecon.com/
Attachments: smime.p7s (2.38 KB)

jackminder at gmail

Mar 1, 2007, 9:19 PM

Re: Lotus Quickplace / Apache Reverse Proxy [In reply to]

Yes, I am using both directives and have also used mod_proxy_html to
try and resolve the issue.

The redirect response is definitely where my issue is. Thanks for the tip!

Jack