Mailing List Archive: Apache: Users

not showing .jpg as a list

c.heino at wheino

Dec 27, 2005, 4:35 PM

not showing .jpg as a list

Hallo,
I have upgrades from SuSE old to SuSE 10.0 with Apache2.
My Apache2-server does not show the list of images in the directory 'images'.
The old version did show all files, if the 'index.html' was not installed.
What do I have to change/install to have the 'images jpg' readable again?

Thanks for any idea and help.
Christoph

--
TEL: 0049 (0)5193 4021
FAX: 0049 (0)5193 4020

deathowl at gmail

Dec 28, 2005, 12:08 AM

Re: not showing .jpg as a list [In reply to]

Check your

#
# IndexIgnore is a set of filenames which directory indexing should ignore
# and not include in the listing. Shell-style wildcarding is permitted.
#
IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

and make sure .jpg is not in the list, if it is the server will not
show them in the autogeneration of the directory listing, so delete
the extension and check again.
Although I am not sure why your default setting\config would have .jpg
in the ignore list...

--
Live Long and Prosper,
by Andrey Kuznetsov aka "Death Owl"

c.heino at wheino

Dec 30, 2005, 11:30 AM

Re: not showing .jpg as a list [In reply to]

Am Mittwoch 28 Dezember 2005 09:08 schrieb Andrey Kuznetsov:
> Check your
>
> #
> # IndexIgnore is a set of filenames which directory indexing should ignore
> # and not include in the listing. Shell-style wildcarding is permitted.
> #
> IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t
>
> and make sure .jpg is not in the list, if it is the server will not
> show them in the autogeneration of the directory listing, so delete
> the extension and check again.
> Although I am not sure why your default setting\config would have .jpg
> in the ignore list...

Thanks for the help. It works now.
Christoph

henhenzo174 at gmail

Re: not showing .jpg as a list [In reply to]

i cannot find the login page to my email, please can any one help me, here is my
email: hawkeye [at] wheino

i need help urgently, please send reply to henhenzo174 [at] gmail