Mailing List Archive: Apache: Docs

Misleading download page

Apache docs RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

niq at apache

Jun 21, 2012, 4:56 AM

Misleading download page

Someone just asked about unix vs windows source bundles.
There's no "windows" bundle for 2.4.

Since it's really just source with lineends, shouldn't we either
ditch those labels or add an explanatory note to the page?

--
Nick Kew

For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help [at] httpd

wrowe at rowe-clan

Jun 23, 2012, 2:36 PM

Re: Misleading download page [In reply to]

On 6/21/2012 6:56 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> Someone just asked about unix vs windows source bundles.
> There's no "windows" bundle for 2.4.
>
> Since it's really just source with lineends, shouldn't we either
> ditch those labels or add an explanatory note to the page?

I dropped the convention of -win32-src some time ago on the add-on modules
from the project. They are simply -crlf.zip files with identical contents,
modulo cr/lf's.