Mailing List Archive: Apache: Docs

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "PrivacyPolicy" by DanielGruno

Apache docs RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

wikidiffs at apache

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "PrivacyPolicy" by DanielGruno

Dear Wiki user,

The "PrivacyPolicy" page has been changed by DanielGruno:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PrivacyPolicy

Comment:
Initial draft of a privacy policy for gathering statistics about visitors

New page:
= Draft for a Privacy Policy for the Apache HTTPD Documentation site =

== Introduction ==
When you visit the Apache HTTP Server Documentation website, data about your visit is collected using a tracking cookie.
The purpose of this data collection is to improve our website and to better understand the needs of our users and improve our user friendliness.

== Collection of data ==
The following data is collected when you visit the site:

* The IP address from which you access the website
* The type of browser and operating system you use to access our site
* The date and time you access our site
* The pages you visit
* Any referal (such as Google or a link on another page) that lead you to our site

== Technology and usage ==
The information is gathered using a tracking cookie set by the Google Analytics service and handled by Google as described in their [[http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/|privacy policy]]. If you do not wish for your data to be collected, you can disable JavaScript for visits to our website. See your browser's documentation on how to achieve this.

We use the gathered information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to better understand how and when our site is used.
We do not track or collect personally identifiable information or associate gathered data with any personally identifying information from other sources, nor do we share this data with other companies, affiliates or partners.
Statistical summaries based on the data collected may be used for publications by the Apache HTTP Project or the ASF.

== Consent ==
By using this website, you consent to the collection of this data in the manner and for the purpose described above.

For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help [at] httpd

wikidiffs at apache

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "PrivacyPolicy" by DanielGruno [In reply to]

Dear Wiki user,

The "PrivacyPolicy" page has been changed by DanielGruno:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PrivacyPolicy?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

Comment:
Changing the wording a bit

= Draft for a Privacy Policy for the Apache HTTPD Documentation site =
-
== Introduction ==
+ When you visit the Apache HTTP Server Documentation website, data about your visit is collected using a tracking cookie. The purpose of this data collection is to better understand the needs of our users and improve the user friendliness of the website.

@@ -16, +13 @@

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "PrivacyPolicy" by DanielGruno [In reply to]

Dear Wiki user,

The "PrivacyPolicy" page has been changed by DanielGruno:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PrivacyPolicy?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

- = Draft for a Privacy Policy for the Apache HTTPD Documentation site =
+ = Draft for a Privacy Policy for the Apache HTTP Server Documentation site =

@@ -16, +16 @@

[...]

+ We use the gathered information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to better understand how and when our site is used. We do not track or collect personally identifiable information or associate gathered data with any personally identifying information from other sources, nor do we share this data with other companies, affiliates or partners. Statistical summaries based on the data collected may be used for publications by the Apache HTTP Project or the Apache Software Foundation.
+
+ == Additional tracking by third parties ==
+ The Apache HTTP Server project makes use of additional third party tools, such as the Disqus commentary system, which itself may apply visitor tracking for internal purposes. For additional information about this tracking, please refer to the [[http://docs.disqus.com/help/30/|Disqus Privacy Policy]].

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "PrivacyPolicy" by DanielGruno [In reply to]

Dear Wiki user,

The "PrivacyPolicy" page has been changed by DanielGruno:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PrivacyPolicy?action=diff&rev1=3&rev2=4

Comment:
Removing third party section