Mailing List Archive: Apache: Docs

ebcdic docs

Apache docs RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

joshua at slive

ebcdic docs

I'm really not happy about the docs changes that went with the recent
ebcdic update. What happened was that a big chunk of text related to
ebcdic conversions got stuck in the middle of the directive listing in
core.html. I don't think this is the appropriate place because 1. Nobody
will find it there, and 2. It violates the format that we are (perhaps I
should say "I am") trying to enforce for the module docs. The directive
listing should contain only directives.

I believe this information should go in ebcdic.html instead. I would
prefer if Martin could do this, since I don't know anything about the
EBCDIC port, but I will do it myself if you prefer.

Joshua.

For additional commands, e-mail: apache-docs-help [at] apache

i.galic at brainsware

Re: EBCDIC docs [In reply to]

> >> I nuked the EBCDIC doc, because it is clearly so far out of date
> >> as
> >> to be harmful. However, it occurred to me that this was probably
> >> premature, before discussing it here, and I reverted.
> >>

> >> I was hoping someone could advise as to what we should do with
> >> that
> >> document. I suspect that nuking it, and making a short mention of
> >> EBCDIC elsewhere, might indeed be the right approach, but it
> >> wasn't
> >> right for me to just do that unilaterally.
> >
> > I'd move the whole thing to the developer docs.
>
> +1, with a banner saying they're likely outdated.

Banner's already in place:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/platform/ebcdic.html

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic [at] brainsware
GPG: 6880 4155 74BD FD7C B515 2EA5 4B1D 9E08 A097 C9AE

For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help [at] httpd

trawick at gmail

Re: EBCDIC docs [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Eric Covener <covener [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Igor Galić <i.galic [at] brainsware> wrote:

Delete it. Most of it is developer information, but it is hopelessly
out of date; the end user information is minimal (and doesn't help at
all if moving to the developer docs).

EBCDIC deserves a small writeup when somebody gets around to it, but
this is not a useful basis.

For additional commands, e-mail: docs-help [at] httpd

mccreedytpf at gmail

Re: EBCDIC docs [In reply to]

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick [at] gmail> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Eric Covener <covener [at] gmail> wrote:

+1