Mailing List Archive: Apache: Dev

Re: NCSA httpd 1.3 and Server Push Problem - comp.infosystems.www.providers #22377

Apache dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

hartill at qcd

Mar 9, 1995, 9:53 AM

Re: NCSA httpd 1.3 and Server Push Problem - comp.infosystems.www.providers #22377

One for the bug list...

In article <3jlmuo$9ic [at] flop>, Rob McCool <robm [at] mcom> writes:

|> > The problem is this (I think). NCSA's httpd 1.3 terminates the mime
|> > type when it reaches a space.
|> [...]
|> >
|> > Is this a bug in NCSA's httpd?
|>
|> Yes, it is. There's an sscanf() somewhere in http_mime.c that's removing the
|> part after the semicolon (I'd give you a line number but I haven't seen the
|> source in months). Removing the space between the semicolon and boundary is a
|> good workaround, the real fix is to get rid of that sscanf in the httpd source
|> and use something else like strcpy instead.
|>
|> --
|> Rob McCool, robm [at] netscape <URL:http://home.netscape.com/people/robm/>
|> Stunt Programmer, Netscape Communications Corporation
|> It was working ten minutes ago, I swear...

hartill at ooo

Mar 9, 1995, 11:23 AM

Re: NCSA httpd 1.3 and Server Push Problem - comp.infosystems.www.providers #22377 [In reply to]

> On another subject, it's time to reach closure on Rob McCool. Shall I
> officially invite him to join?

Sure, he's the only person at Netscape who talks any sense these days.

If anyone doesn't want him on this list, speak up - I won't argue
to have him on the list.

rst at ai

Mar 9, 1995, 1:18 PM

Re: NCSA httpd 1.3 and Server Push Problem - comp.infosystems.www.providers #22377 [In reply to]