kevin at kevinlocke
Jul 20, 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #1 of 1
qs values for MultiViews sent in Content-Type
It appears that the qs values specified on media types for use by
MultiViews during content negotiation are being sent to clients in the
Content-Type header field. This problem was originally brought up in
2002 on httpd-users and http-dev, and it was also discussed on
ietf-http-wg and in other venues subsequently. The consensus
appears to be that it is a bug, that it probably has low impact, and
that it may be difficult to fix.
I have just confirmed that the bug still appears in 2.4.2 and I'd like
to get opinions on the following:
- Is there still agreement that this is a bug?
- Are there any known workarounds?
- Is there any objection to me filing a bug report to track progress
on the issue?
I recognize that this bug is not likely to be a priority, but a bug
report (and/or updates to the docs) might help others to be aware of
the problem and avoid wasting time trying to diagnose and workaround
I welcome your thoughts.
1. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200202.mbox/%3CELEDJONBOPPAEGANDEEIKEEKCBAA.joshua [at] slive%3E
2. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200202.mbox/%3C0adf01c1b994$645169c0$94c0b0d0 [at] v50%3E
Cheers, | kevin [at] kevinlocke | JIM: kevinoid [at] jabber
Kevin | http://kevinlocke.name | IRC: kevinoid on freenode