Mailing List Archive: Apache: Dev

LimitRequestFieldSize: spurious note about max value?

Apache dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bojan at rexursive

Jun 18, 2012, 10:42 PM

LimitRequestFieldSize: spurious note about max value?

Docs contain this note for LimitRequestFieldSize directive:

<note>Under normal conditions, the value should not be changed from
the default. Also, you can't set this higher than 8190 without
modifying the source code and rebuilding.</note>

I was under the impression that the hardcoded upper limit was removed in
r149269. No?

--
Bojan

bojan at rexursive

Jun 21, 2012, 6:03 PM

Re: LimitRequestFieldSize: spurious note about max value? [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 15:42 +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Docs contain this note for LimitRequestFieldSize directive:
>
> <note>Under normal conditions, the value should not be changed from
> the default. Also, you can't set this higher than 8190 without
> modifying the source code and rebuilding.</note>
>
> I was under the impression that the hardcoded upper limit was removed in
> r149269. No?

So, nobody will mind if I remove that comment from the docs then? I
think I have commit there, although never really tried...

--
Bojan

sf at sfritsch

Jun 22, 2012, 8:21 AM

Re: LimitRequestFieldSize: spurious note about max value? [In reply to]

On Friday 22 June 2012, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 15:42 +1000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> > Docs contain this note for LimitRequestFieldSize directive:
> > <note>Under normal conditions, the value should not be
> > changed from the default. Also, you can't set this higher
> > than 8190 without modifying the source code and
> > rebuilding.</note>
> >
> > I was under the impression that the hardcoded upper limit was
> > removed in r149269. No?
>
> So, nobody will mind if I remove that comment from the docs then? I
> think I have commit there, although never really tried...

Fixed, thanks.

bojan at rexursive

Jun 24, 2012, 12:28 AM

Re: LimitRequestFieldSize: spurious note about max value? [In reply to]

Stefan Fritsch <sf [at] sfritsch> wrote:

>Fixed, thanks.

Thanks.

--
Bojan

Apache dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded