Mailing List Archive: Apache: Dev

[DISCUSS] CMS site migration

Apache dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

joe_schaefer at yahoo

[DISCUSS] CMS site migration

Over on docs@ one of the recent conversations was
around moving the site documentation to the CMS,
starting first with the httpd site as a testbed.
After several hours of hacking on the site that
has now been accomplished, so we'd please like everyone
to review and comment on the httpd staging site now
available at

    http://httpd.staging.apache.org/

which is perfectly compatible with the CMS's bookmarklet.
There are a few remaining syntax/style issues that need
addressing, but otherwise the content has been successfully
migrated from xdoc to markdown.

The sooner we can push this work into production the
less hassle it will be to keep the xdoc and content
trees in sync using two separate build systems.

After a few days have passed if there are no outstanding
issues remaining I plan to ask for a VOTE to finish the
migration of httpd-site to the CMS.  Thanks in advance
for your consideration!

rbowen at rcbowen

Re: [DISCUSS] CMS site migration [In reply to]

Joe, thanks for your work on this, and your patience through the process.

--Rich

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen [at] rcbowen :: @rbowen

brian at brianfrance

Re: [DISCUSS] CMS site migration [In reply to]

Do you have details on the on the new CMS, format, conversions, etc? We us the httpd current format at work for our internal modules and might want to transition to the CMS as well.

Thanks,

Brian

On May 6, 2012, at 5:39 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Over on docs@ one of the recent conversations was
> around moving the site documentation to the CMS,
> starting first with the httpd site as a testbed.
> After several hours of hacking on the site that
> has now been accomplished, so we'd please like everyone
> to review and comment on the httpd staging site now
> available at
>
> http://httpd.staging.apache.org/
>
> which is perfectly compatible with the CMS's bookmarklet.
> There are a few remaining syntax/style issues that need
> addressing, but otherwise the content has been successfully
> migrated from xdoc to markdown.
>
> The sooner we can push this work into production the
> less hassle it will be to keep the xdoc and content
> trees in sync using two separate build systems.
>
> After a few days have passed if there are no outstanding
> issues remaining I plan to ask for a VOTE to finish the
> migration of httpd-site to the CMS. Thanks in advance
> for your consideration!

joe_schaefer at yahoo

Re: [DISCUSS] CMS site migration [In reply to]

See http://www.apache/org/dev/cms and

http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref for details
on the CMS.

> Do you have details on the on the new CMS, format, conversions, etc?  We us the
> httpd current format at work for our internal modules and might want to
> transition to the CMS as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
>
> On May 6, 2012, at 5:39 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Over on docs@ one of the recent conversations was
>> around moving the site documentation to the CMS,
>> starting first with the httpd site as a testbed.
>> After several hours of hacking on the site that
>> has now been accomplished, so we'd please like everyone
>> to review and comment on the httpd staging site now
>> available at
>>
>>     http://httpd.staging.apache.org/
>>
>> which is perfectly compatible with the CMS's bookmarklet.
>> There are a few remaining syntax/style issues that need
>> addressing, but otherwise the content has been successfully
>> migrated from xdoc to markdown.
>>
>> The sooner we can push this work into production the
>> less hassle it will be to keep the xdoc and content
>> trees in sync using two separate build systems.
>>
>> After a few days have passed if there are no outstanding
>> issues remaining I plan to ask for a VOTE to finish the
>> migration of httpd-site to the CMS.  Thanks in advance
>> for your consideration!

christophe.jaillet at wanadoo

Re: [DISCUSS] CMS site migration [In reply to]

First link should be : http://www.apache.org/dev/cms
<http://www.apache.org/dev/cms>

Le 07/05/2012 16:58, Joe Schaefer a écrit :
> See http://www.apache/org/dev/cms and
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref for details
> on the CMS.

wrowe at rowe-clan

Re: [DISCUSS] CMS site migration [In reply to]

On 5/6/2012 4:39 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Over on docs@ one of the recent conversations was
> around moving the site documentation to the CMS,
> starting first with the httpd site as a testbed.
> After several hours of hacking on the site that
> has now been accomplished, so we'd please like everyone
> to review and comment on the httpd staging site now
> available at
>
> http://httpd.staging.apache.org/
>
> which is perfectly compatible with the CMS's bookmarklet.
> There are a few remaining syntax/style issues that need
> addressing, but otherwise the content has been successfully
> migrated from xdoc to markdown.
>
> The sooner we can push this work into production the
> less hassle it will be to keep the xdoc and content
> trees in sync using two separate build systems.
>
> After a few days have passed if there are no outstanding
> issues remaining I plan to ask for a VOTE to finish the
> migration of httpd-site to the CMS. Thanks in advance
> for your consideration!

And thank you for letting httpd repay a bit of debt to infra. Without the early staging
of httpd release candidates, we couldn't accomplish major things like 2.4 revisions.

Apache dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded