Mailing List Archive: Apache: Dev

Re: A bug with httpd-2.4.2 Win-x64

Apache dev RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

fuankg at apache

Re: A bug with httpd-2.4.2 Win-x64

Hi Bing,
you did hit the apr list - I think this should go to the httpd list
instead ... ;-)

Am 16.04.2012 14:32, schrieb Bing Swen:
> After building the httpd-2.4.2 x64 binaries with VS2010, I encountered a runtime error in the module libhttpd.dll, which alerts that a heap corruption occurred at somewhere:
> file D:\_bsDev\KSE\httpd-2.4.2\server\config.c
> line 680:
> free(ap_module_short_names[m->module_index]);
>
> The free() call always led to heap corruption like this:
> HeapFree(_crtheap, 0, pBlock);
> // access error with pBlock == NULL.
>
> My temp solution is commenting off this single line to get httpd.exe run. Please verify if it is a bug.
>
> Regards,
> Bing

bswen at pku

RE: A bug with httpd-2.4.2 Win-x64 [In reply to]

The problem reported below was only with the binaries of the Debug configuration, but
disappeared in the Release configuration. So here is my temporay way out:

/* line no. 680: */
#ifndef _DEBUG
free(ap_module_short_names[m->module_index]);
#endif

Regards,
Bing

Guenter Knauf [mailto:fuankg [at] apache] wrote on 2012年4月16日 21:06

Hi Bing,
you did hit the apr list - I think this should go to the httpd list instead ... ;-)

Am 16.04.2012 14:32, schrieb Bing Swen:
> After building the httpd-2.4.2 x64 binaries with VS2010, I encountered a runtime error in the module libhttpd.dll, which alerts that a heap corruption occurred at somewhere:
> file D:\_bsDev\KSE\httpd-2.4.2\server\config.c
> line 680:
> free(ap_module_short_names[m->module_index]);
>
> The free() call always led to heap corruption like this:
> HeapFree(_crtheap, 0, pBlock);
> // access error with pBlock == NULL.
>
> My temp solution is commenting off this single line to get httpd.exe run. Please verify if it is a bug.

sf at sfritsch

RE: A bug with httpd-2.4.2 Win-x64 [In reply to]

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Bing Swen wrote:

> The problem reported below was only with the binaries of the Debug configuration, but
> disappeared in the Release configuration. So here is my temporay way out:
>
> /* line no. 680: */
> #ifndef _DEBUG
> free(ap_module_short_names[m->module_index]);
> #endif

I can't see anything wrong with that code. I fear the heap corruption
happens at some other place and it is coincidence that it is detected
here. Are there any additional heap consistency checks that you can switch
on?

Re: A bug with httpd-2.4.2 Win-x64 [In reply to]

Hi Stefan,

I tried many possible ways, and only found this clue for now:

/* main.c, line 707 */
apr_pool_clear(pconf);
/* bad pointer: pBlock */

It always happens with the Debug config of the VS2010 x64 platform setting, not with the Release version, or both of the VS2008(VS9) x64 builds.
BTW, I converted the project files in this way:
Apache.dsw + *.dsp ==> Apache(VS9).sln + *.vcproj ==> Apache(VS10).sln + *.vcXproj

Regards,
Bing

Stefan Fritsch [mailto:sf [at] sfritsch] wrote on 2012年4月18日 3:29